Pulled beef

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Give me some ideas for pulled beef. Recipes and cuts of beef.

Thanks!!

AHoneyman

Reaction score
I have tried a couple of things but I never got the pulled part very well. For that, I am still leaning towards a slow cooker with a covered lid (boiling). :(

Dassman5

Reaction score
I have done BBQ pulled beef a couple of times on my WSM and once on my SF using Chuck roast. It came out “ok”...taste was great, but even after slow cooking to 205F it was a bit chewy.

I hate to say it, but BBQ beef is really something that is best done in a pressure cooker or slow cooker where one can retain the moisture. Just my opinion, but perhaps I have never done it right. Always willing to learn.

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have done BBQ pulled beef a couple of times on my WSM and once on my SF using Chuck roast. It came out “ok”...taste was great, but even after slow cooking to 205F it was a bit chewy.

I hate to say it, but BBQ beef is really something that is best done in a pressure cooker or slow cooker where one can retain the moisture. Just my opinion, but perhaps I have never done it right. Always willing to learn.
I mopped it every 30 min after 1,5 hour on the SF.

whoareya

Reaction score
Not so much Pulled Beef as you would put in a cob, but the tenderest beef cut I have found once smoked and braised is Oxtails. Smoke them for a couple of hours and then braise them in a cast iron Dutch Oven or Aluminium foil tin covered for 3-4 hours longer. Your fork will run down that bone and the beef just shreds and falls off it. So tender and flavourful, a proper warming Autumn/Winter meal.