PSB!

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pepper Stout Beef
Did the chuck roast on 300 for about 2 hours. Took it off and put in the foil pans. Covered with Worcestershire, and Guinness stout. Back on the SmokeFire at 375 for 3 more. For some reason had a temp drop happen on my way out to take food off. Weird

Attachments

OP
bbqking

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well yes. I am 47, and disabled. I have muscular dystrophy, and have not been able to work for several years now. So grilling/smoking is something I love and a hobby I can still do. I hope that not TMI...

AHoneyman

Reaction score
We are just jealous of your cooking time and products. I used to shoot competitively until the great COVID induced ammo shortage. Now, I just burn things on the grill and suffer from the COVID induced belt shortening. Best wishes.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Well yes. I am 47, and disabled. I have muscular dystrophy, and have not been able to work for several years now. So grilling/smoking is something I love and a hobby I can still do. I hope that not TMI...
I too am retired, have been for a long time, and only wish I could turn out the creative meals that you do.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Can’t wait to retire!! 8 years boys 8 @$&&@$! years!!
I’m in the same or similar boat. I won’t be 65 so I’ll have to see what the options are for insurance and such, god willing I make it there. To all those in retirement, good for you and enjoy every day.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Can’t wait to retire!! 8 years boys 8 @$&&@$! years!!
While one should never wish their life away, I found that once I had made the mental transition to retirement, even although I was not there yet, that two things happened: (1) Life becomes more tolerable during the countdown, and (2)The closer you get to the actual day, the more free you feel as you no longer pay much attention to the background nonsense as you begin to realize that the worst that can happen is they fire you...in which case the severance lets you retire even earlier.🤪😜🤣

AHoneyman

Reaction score
While one should never wish their life away, I found that once I had made the mental transition to retirement, even although I was not there yet, that two things happened: (1) Life becomes more tolerable during the countdown, and (2)The closer you get to the actual day, the more free you feel as you no longer pay much attention to the background nonsense as you begin to realize that the worst that can happen is they fire you...in which case the severance lets you retire even earlier.🤪😜🤣
Since my wife is younger than I am, I am working for the insurance but that is weighing less and less every day. And since COVID, I am no longer doing a 3 hours a day commuting time slot. The Give A ShXX Factor has decreased dramatically. :)

Dassman5

Reaction score
Since my wife is younger than I am, I am working for the insurance but that is weighing less and less every day. And since COVID, I am no longer doing a 3 hours a day commuting time slot. The Give A ShXX Factor has decreased dramatically. :)
Same here! Retirement is largely a state of mind, but then I am a life-long 🦜 head! Changes in latitude= changes in attitude.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m in the same or similar boat. I won’t be 65 so I’ll have to see what the options are for insurance and such, god willing I make it there. To all those in retirement, good for you and enjoy every day.
I’m out at 55, I’m very fortunate to belong to possibly the best union in the country. Small local, well run and a hard working membership has served us well.

Last edited:

Dassman5

Reaction score
I’m out at 55, I’m very fortunate to belong to possibly the best union in the country.
Not so fortunate...worked in Senior management and ownership with a bright future, in a large national firm, but had to pull the plug in my early sixties due to being in the air 50+ weeks a year visiting our clients and 35 offices...time at altitude takes its toll.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Not so fortunate...worked in Senior management and ownership with a bright future, in a large national firm, but had to pull the plug in my early sixties due to being in the air 50+ weeks a year visiting our clients and 35 offices...time at altitude takes its toll.
I bet it does! I have to say I enjoy hearing a little back story on you BBQ pros!!
Its been fun being the first wave of SF owners and watching you guys pump out quality food and photos.

Latest Discussions