Production Dates and your experience

Saw this posted by a person on Reddit so it’s second hand.
“What Weber told me is that to get a tight seal of hopper and auger requires machine assembly. Some bbqs were hand assemble to meet delivery dates. New smoke fires will all have machine assembled hopper+auger.” This apparently was allowing smoke and ash to get to the motor and cause it to behave erratically. So based on that maybe doesn’t matter if it’s Rev D or Rev F unless Rev D were all hand assembled?

I heard back from Weber and they said my gasket is the proper one and shouldn’t need replacement. Here’s the photo I sent.

Attachments

• CCAAF04B-1547-47A5-BC39-9D8142309D0D.jpeg
    CCAAF04B-1547-47A5-BC39-9D8142309D0D.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 153
Just curious. I didn't get a box with my grill. Where would I find this information otherwise?

Basically. I had to bring mine home out of box to fit in my car. Mine is still running well. I found the controller serial number and other software information in the "About" menu for the grill, but that's it. Now I'm kicking myself. I wanna register with weber, but not sure how to do that now.

Open the hopper lid and the serial number is on one of the labels. My EX6 s/n was on the label on the right hand side of lid. That’s the serial number you need to register.

EX6 purchased from Amazon: 12/22/2019
Delivered: 2/12/2020
Production Date: 12/12/2019

Had an initial problem with not being able to pair my android phone to the controller via bluetooth - which prevented me from being able to update the firmware. Weber sent me a new controller, but before I could get it installed they contacted me and told me not to install it, but instead delete the app from my phone, re-download & install. That fixed the problem. Note: i had actually done this several times prior to engaging customer service, so i'm guessing they updated the app or something after my initial conversation with them.

Otherwise - mine has been trouble free and pretty awesome. Hits 600 quickly (with auger Rev D), hold temps steady, relatively even heat distribution, no grease fires, no pellet feed problems (granted i do push them around every so often) and has reliably turned out some pretty awesome food with both low & slow and medium/high temp cooks. The thing does an awesome sear btw.

I did give them a ring this afternoon and they're sending me the new hopper insert - which I'll go ahead and install despite not really having experienced any pellet feed issues. It'll just give me peace of mind on overnight cooks.

Anywho... I'm extremely happy with mine so far.

EX6
Purchased From: BbqGuys on 2/11/2020
Production Date: 11/12/2019
Serial Number: 46556

Worked on initial startup. Hit 600 in 20 minutes exactly using Pitt Boss Competition Pellets @ 55 Degrees and ran for 1:20.
After initial startup I attempted to turn the temp down and the controller was pretty much unresponsive. After killing the power and then going through a shutdown procedure upon power up it has been working just fine.

Here is a video of the controller not functioning.
Video not working!!

I bought an EX6 the box has a sticker H: 11/23/2020 is that the production date? Waited til I bought Weber Pellets today, did the initial burn no problem. Shut it down, cleaned everything, went to cook a pork roast and had a flameout. Shut down went through troubleshooting the glow plug glows red, the auger doesn't turn....

Attachments

• 20201217_181351.jpg
    20201217_181351.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 30
Ordered on day one from Amazon! EX6, lucky one.

I bought an EX6 the box has a sticker H: 11/23/2020 is that the production date? Waited til I bought Weber Pellets today, did the initial burn no problem. Shut it down, cleaned everything, went to cook a pork roast and had a flameout. Shut down went through troubleshooting the glow plug glows red, the auger doesn't turn....
Did you check the wiring harness connections to the auger motor assembly to make sure they are tight and did not come apart? Also, I would remove the auger/motor assembly ( only 2 bolts after the housing is removed ) to check that cotter pin connecting the auger to the motor is in place and no large amounts of wood dust are binding it. If it passes all of those, you may have a bad motor.

I am going to call them today. But I did check the connections. I thought there would have been an error code.

Latest Discussions

Back