Production Dates and your experience

Just curious. I didn't get a box with my grill. Where would I find this information otherwise?

Basically. I had to bring mine home out of box to fit in my car. Mine is still running well. I found the controller serial number and other software information in the "About" menu for the grill, but that's it. Now I'm kicking myself. I wanna register with weber, but not sure how to do that now.

Last edited:
Awesome write-up of your issues and process of getting it going. As far as your experience, how do you think it went? Obviously no one wants to have these issues, but it seems like they are making it right, at least issues like this with bad components.

Awesome write-up of your issues and process of getting it going. As far as your experience, how do you think it went? Obviously no one wants to have these issues, but it seems like they are making it right, at least issues like this with bad components.
I think they have handled everything quite well. These issues hit them pretty fast and they had to find the solutions quickly and I think and hope they have done that. Hopefully this is all due to some issues in the production. Maybe some bad components made it in the mix. Either way, Weber has shown they want to make things right. Yes we shouldn't have to deal with this, but all products can have issues.

both of them side by side please and if you notice any differences then those too please!
Swapped the augers out. Did not see anything different. The old auger is on the top in the pic. Fired up the grill went right up to 600 no problem.
ALSO, I heard people talking about a gasket between the auger and the pellet box. There is not one.

Attachments

• BAC561C8-63CC-4736-8204-871D93AF2763.jpeg
    BAC561C8-63CC-4736-8204-871D93AF2763.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 140
  • A7B7CE0A-DD0B-49CA-8CB6-31BC7B6114A4.jpeg
    A7B7CE0A-DD0B-49CA-8CB6-31BC7B6114A4.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 146
Swapped the augers out. Did not see anything different. The old auger is on the top in the pic. Fired up the grill went right up to 600 no problem.
ALSO, I heard people talking about a gasket between the auger and the pellet box. There is not one.

Looks like same as mine. Rev. D on the old one and Rev. F on the new.

Good to see it’s a different Rev. can you see that sticker when it’s installed? I was thinking about removing the back plate on mine to see what mine has if its visible. Haven’t had any temp issues so would be curious to see if mine is rev F. Thanks for sharing!

Good to see it’s a different Rev. can you see that sticker when it’s installed? I was thinking about removing the back plate on mine to see what mine has if its visible. Haven’t had any temp issues so would be curious to see if mine is rev F. Thanks for sharing!
I think you could

I think you could
I just finished smoking some turkey breasts so I opened the back up once it shutdown. Very easy to see, and mine is Rev. D. Wonder if Weber would provide what the difference is.

Hi Frank, yeah hindsight being 20/20 I wish I had asked a few more questions and examined the old auger to see what he was referring to. I just don't have any more information than that. There are a few other people having issues getting up to temp, so maybe they will be able to shed some more light if they need to do the auger replacement.
They are sending me a new auger but they didn’t mention a tech contacting me. They said it included directions for replacement.

I just finished smoking some turkey breasts so I opened the back up once it shutdown. Very easy to see, and mine is Rev. D. Wonder if Weber would provide what the difference is.
I saw somewhere in a post that theirs was replaced With a Rev. E or F I can’t remember.

EX6
Purchased from Weber on 12/10/19
Shipped from Seko 2/22/20
Production date 2/2/20

No issues with assembly or firmware update.

Hit 600 in 18 minutes (60 degrees outside)

Temperature variance is pretty high left to right but it stabilizes after about 5-8 minutes.

No major issues with the hopper but it definitely is not the best design.

So far I’ve cooked bacon, wings and bone in turkey breast. All turned out well. Will do pork loin and ribs this week. Then beef ribs. Then brisket. I’ll squeeze in steak, fish and pizza soon as well.

I head back from Weber when I asked about the differences between the Rev D and Rev F auger assemblies. Unfortunately they didn’t answer that question but did say to determine if it should be replaced they needed to see a photo of the gasket in in the hopper. I sent them a photo and will continue to ask about the differences.

Latest Discussions

Back