Pro Grates Stainless Steel

rexster314

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
These came in today. Great workmanship, nice welds. Took 3 weeks to get here, but looks to be well worth it. Solid stainless, not a veneer sleeve like the Weber grates. Better heat retention so should produce some great grill marks
2021-01-22 14.43.21.jpg2021-01-22 14.43.13.jpg2021-01-22 14.40.54.jpg

Also great options.

These came in today. Great workmanship, nice welds. Took 3 weeks to get here, but looks to be well worth it. Solid stainless, not a veneer sleeve like the Weber grates. Better heat retention so should produce some great grill marks
View attachment 3200View attachment 3201View attachment 3202
Those look great to me! Or grate to me? You say the Weber grates aren’t solid stainless, how do you know this? I find that incredibly disappointing if true.

Also great options.
Have both and love them.

Very nice cast iron grates,

Those look great to me! Or grate to me? You say the Weber grates aren’t solid stainless, how do you know this? I find that incredibly disappointing if true.
The OEM grates are plated steel just like the kettles and many of the warming/cooking racks on the grills. The GBS grates are SS.

Those look nice!

"PLATED STEEL COOKING GRATES"

1611421586747.png

Yeah I got that, for some reason I thought you were referring to the stainless grates Weber sells.
Thanks!!

They look like great grates.
I'm easily amused: they had a kettle on the home page, but they only do rectangular grates?

Oh, if you go to their new website:
they have round ones - they look like a CNC cut, and not a weld job tho.

So given that the SF can be both a low-and-slow and a hot-and-fast grill, and that Weber offers both stainless and cast iron replacement options, is there a benefit one type has over the other? Clearly Weber thinks the stainless are at least $10 better than the cast iron. ;)

Honestly I have them all, I think if your searing the CI grate will give you a nice sear, so will the GBS sear grate. The stainless Weber grates are thicker but I don’t know you could probably get by pretty damn good with the stock grates alone.

Honestly I have them all, I think if your searing the CI grate will give you a nice sear, so will the GBS sear grate. The stainless Weber grates are thicker but I don’t know you could probably get by pretty damn good with the stock grates alone.
True, I really don't have any complaints about the grates that came with it. Other than the fact that Weber chose to snub us stateside consumers by withholding the GBS grates they provided for the rest of the world. (I'll stop my over-entitled 'Merican rant now.) Just storing away some info for if and when they need replacing.

Latest Discussions

Back