Power

RickySilva

Reaction score
Grill
Weber SmokeFire EX6
I’m recently joined the SFEX club and very happy so far…
One question (and it might be a stupid one 😜)
Is there a way to stop the SmokeFire without have to do a complete shutdown
Example: I finish one cook and want to do another one let’s say 1 hour later…. Is there a way to put the EX on “stand by” without have to shutdown??
Would do a shutdown when done for the day….

Not a deal breaker…. Just wondering

Only way to do that would be to put in on the lowest temp setting which would be Smokeboost. Why not shut it down which takes about 15 minutes and then start 15 before you want to cook again ??

Example: I finish one cook and want to do another one let’s say 1 hour later…. Is there a way to put the EX on “stand by” without have to shutdown??

No but you can set the temp down to 200 and it won’t burn very many pellets.

Only way to do that would be to put in on the lowest temp setting which would be Smokeboost. Why not shut it down which takes about 15 minutes and then start 15 before you want to cook again ??
Hi Don
That’s exactly why I do and like I said it’s not a deal breaker at all… I was just curious
But thank you for the response

there is a quick shutdown hack. i think i saw it on facebook but it's more for flameout scenarios

Just so I'm understanding the question....
What are you trying to achieve or get out of doing with this?

Basically being able to stop the igniter and fan for a period of time without having to do the full shutdown…. again just out of curiosity…. Not a big deal

Back