Pizza on the SmokeFire

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I may be using my ex4 for a while to make pizza after a 70 mph wind gust flipped over my 250 lb. rolling pizza cart with 2 full propane tanks and my Italia Artisan Pizza Oven. Waiting for daylight to evaluate, but figure oven is a total loss, and we do pizzas 2-3 times a week.
Pff that sucks man! On the other hand pizza from the smokefire is still pretty damn good lol

sntwilliams

Reaction score
I may be using my ex4 for a while to make pizza after a 70 mph wind gust flipped over my 250 lb. rolling pizza cart with 2 full propane tanks and my Italia Artisan Pizza Oven. Waiting for daylight to evaluate, but figure oven is a total loss, and we do pizzas 2-3 times a week.
Yikes, hope it's not that bad :(

Although I've got an Ooni Pro pizza oven, the smokefire has done a pretty good job of pizza. I've found that sticking a cast iron flat plate on the upper shelf above the pizza stone has given me the best results so far as it allows some more radiant heat down on top of the pie.

Smokefire - 280 celsius

IMG_20201115_154415.jpg

Ooni Pro - 480 celsius

IMG_20201107_142520.jpg

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Actually it appears as though I lucked out...other than a couple dings the pizza oven appears to still be in working order. But the next one will still be on the ex4
I'm about to see my damage in day light and calling CS in a bit😅

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Man that sucks. I’ve always wanted to have a pizza oven someday.

alexb

Reaction score
I've had great success doing pizza directly on the cooking grates of my gas grill. I usually stretch out a dough and coat it with olive oil before starting. Grill one side to desired doneness, flip, add toppings, and close the lid so the cheese will melt. All your toppings need to be precooked or edible raw.

Last edited:

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've had great success doing pizza directly on the cooking grates of my gas grill. I usually stretch out a dough and coat it with olive oil before starting. Grill one side to desired doneness, flip, add toppings, and close the lid so the cheese will melt. All your toppings need to be precooked or edible raw.
Similar to how I do it but I use a pizza stone on the grates.