Pizza on the SmokeFire

RSchiers

Reaction score
Trendkill BBQ on YouTube did a video with some killer looking pizza.

GriLLMaRksRseXy

Reaction score
I cooked two frozen homerun pizzas after my initial burn in. Why? So I could see the the temp difference left to right and front to back.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I liked doing pizzas on my Genesis using a pizza stone. Would make the dough and sauce, throw the dough on for few minutes, flip it, add sauce and toppings and a good amount of cheese. Can't wait to try on the SmokeFire soon.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes sir. Did one yesterday. Put the dough on for 6 minutes on 450. Next time I'll do lower heat for that. After that got it off filled it and put it back till the cheese melted. Was really tasty!
That looks great, love some jalapenos on my pizza.

OP
primeone

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did the same. For 450 6 minutes was a little bit too much 😅
How was the top of the Pizza? On my Traeger cooking directly on the grill the bottom was always done before the top was finished.

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
How was the top of the Pizza? On my Traeger cooking directly on the grill the bottom was always done before the top was finished.
Same here. So that's why next time I'll be lowering the temp or getting it off quicker lol

OP
primeone

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've read that some people put a sheet of foil or pan on the top shelf to help deflect the heat back to the top of the Pizza for a more even cook. Haven't had a chance to try it yet though.

Dassman5

Reaction score
This morning I made a breakfast pizza
View attachment 2493View attachment 2493
I may be using my ex4 for a while to make pizza after a 70 mph wind gust flipped over my 250 lb. rolling pizza cart with 2 full propane tanks and my Italia Artisan Pizza Oven. Waiting for daylight to evaluate, but figure oven is a total loss, and we do pizzas 2-3 times a week.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Man you guys are getting some WIND!! That’s crazy! Sorry to here that , I want to add a pizza oven to the mix one day.

Latest Discussions