Pellet Vibrator

Craig Lares

Reaction score
This is my answer to pellet lodging on cooks over 450F. Went shopping on ebay for the following, digital timer relay 110 v $12 , 2.5rpm 110v motor $25 , $6 at walmart for a extension cord and plastic box. The base is a piece of sheet metal and a 3/8 wood dowel as the shaft. To fasten the shaft to the motor a 1/4" pc of plastic tubing and the bearing sleeve is 1/2" plastic tubing. I set the timer relay for 1 min off and 45 sec on. This is a super easy build, watched a youtube video on how to set the timer. Just put this in the hopper with the stirrer above auger. I know a $800 grill should not have this problem. This an easy solution to prevent flameouts at 450F-600F range, cooks like pizzas. I'm going to add another $12 digital temp gauge to the box just for the heck of it. I really like the SF EX4, it has been a pleasure to cook with.
Please go into production on these. I want to buy two from you ASAP.

OP
OP
rexster314

rexster314

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
This is my answer to pellet lodging on cooks over 450F. Went shopping on ebay for the following, digital timer relay 110 v $12 , 2.5rpm 110v motor $25 , $6 at walmart for a extension cord and plastic box. The base is a piece of sheet metal and a 3/8 wood dowel as the shaft. To fasten the shaft to the motor a 1/4" pc of plastic tubing and the bearing sleeve is 1/2" plastic tubing. I set the timer relay for 1 min off and 45 sec on. This is a super easy build, watched a youtube video on how to set the timer. Just put this in the hopper with the stirrer above auger. I know a $800 grill should not have this problem. This an easy solution to prevent flameouts at 450F-600F range, cooks like pizzas. I'm going to add another $12 digital temp gauge to the box just for the heck of it. I really like the SF EX4, it has been a pleasure to cook with.
Let's see it mounted

NUbrewer

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4
Here it is installed, used several strong magnets to hold it in place. I added a digital temp gauge to watch the actual temp. I will switch out this temp gauge for one that reads in F. Super easy to build.

Attachments

• install pellet grill.jpg
    install pellet grill.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 108

Latest Discussions