Pellet Joe - this looks interesting

Brad S

Reaction score
Love my SF but this looks interesting. There's a new grill by Kamado Joe that's a kamado grill that runs on pellets. Super efficient on pellet usage and would be a great option for cold weather smokes. My biggest question is can it produce as good (or good enough) of a smoke profile being so thermally efficient. Need some real world reviews.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4; Summit 670; Bullet Smoker 22”; Q100
I am curious to see what the new Weber Kamado S6 grill is like when they release it. It is a charcoal 24” cooker that could be a great new toy🤓...but then my wife would probable have me committed as I already have 5 Weber units in current service.🥼🚑🏩

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
I am curious to see what the new Weber Kamado S6 grill is like when they release it. It is a charcoal 24” cooker that could be a great new toy🤓...but then my wife would probable have me committed as I already have 5 Weber units in current service.🥼🚑🏩
It’s a slightly stripped down version of the Weber Summit Charcoal. The Weber Summit Charcoal is an awesome unit. It’s a Komodo and a kettle. They appear to modify the cart a bit and removed the plastic storage bin. Price reduced $300. The stand alone model has a slightly flimsier cart I think and they eliminated the gas assist starter from that unit. It’s a little rebranding.

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I was all excited back in the day for a charcoal summit but they lost me at the price point.
I was pretty happy to see the EX6 come in at an expected price point. Even better after the $200 rebate.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
I was all excited back in the day for a charcoal summit but they lost me at the price point.
I was pretty happy to see the EX6 come in at an expected price point. Even better after the $200 rebate.
I get the price point thing, but they are worth it if you ask me. They do everything the ceramic Komodos can do and more. People see a big kettle but I can assure you they are far more than that. The bigger WSC is equivalent to an XL egg with a stainless table cart. That would cost @ $2500 or more.

Wismokes

Reaction score
Grill
Ex6, wsm, bge
$2,000 for a 18 inch circle of grilling space. That is a little pricey.
I’m with you on that ! I love my big green egg and the ceramics but for that price and size i can’t do it . I did call my mother in law and say i found the grill for them though . They love their Traeger but don’t like how it doesn’t get into the 500s or 600s.

DutchieCooks

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Picking up the ex6 after work today😁

Attachments

• IMG-20201129-WA0022.jpeg
    IMG-20201129-WA0022.jpeg
    473.1 KB · Views: 81

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that is interesting. It sure is getting up there in price though.