SOTM October 2021 Smoke of the Month Contest Starts Now!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wsotm-1-jpg.1343

Ladies and Gents, it's time for the October Smoke of the Month! This month we'll leave the theme wide open! So don't waste another minute, prepare your favorite meal, get your pellet hopper filled and your SmokeFire ready!

How do I enter?
  1. Post in this thread 1 photo of your favorite cook on the SmokeFire. The photo included must be your photo! It's not required, but we prefer the photo to include your username (on a piece of paper, napkin, etc, be creative!)
  2. Include a a caption along with the photo.
  3. We will leave the contest thread open for 15 days and close it October 25th @ 3:00 PM EST.
  4. After that we will open up the voting and allow the community to vote for the winner!
The winner's photo will be featured on our website and receive a special "Smoke of the Month" badge!

Good Luck to all!

** Pro Tip - If you have multiple photos, use the website https://www.photocollage.com/ to combine them all into one.

Last edited:
Pulled Lamb Shoulder In Bao Buns

First time doing pulled lamb, very nice. Took just over 9 hours (Smokeboost for 2 hours and 240F for the rest) coated in Jess Pryles Hardcore Carnivore. Wrapped in foil with a cup of lamb broth for final 2 hours and 45 minute rest. Half a shoulder (1.25kg) probably reduced weight and size by a quarter after trimming but enough meat to serve 3-4 people still. Served with Steamed Bao Buns (Boiling Water, 10 minutes on the Weber Wok at 425F) and spring onions and garlic mayo

collage.jpg

IMG_1145.JPG

Pulled Lamb Shoulder In Bao Buns

First time doing pulled lamb, very nice. Took just over 9 hours (Smokeboost for 2 hours and 240F for the rest) coated in Jess Pryles Hardcore Carnivore. Wrapped in foil with a cup of lamb broth for final 2 hours and 45 minute rest. Half a shoulder (1.25kg) probably reduced weight and size by a quarter after trimming but enough meat to serve 3-4 people still. Served with Steamed Bao Buns (Boiling Water, 10 minutes on the Weber Wok at 425F) and spring onions and garlic mayo

View attachment 4568

View attachment 4569
I do not like lamb! Greasy, yucky aftertaste….that being said, I would definitely try that! It looks amazing! Well done.

Alrighty then. Rib sandwiches. Rubbed with salt lick garlic/honey hog in the back. Holy gospel on the front. Set at 260 for 3 hours. Spritzed every hour with cranberry/red wine vinegar. Wrapped meat side down in butter, brown sugar, and A-1/honey garlic. Another 2 hours at 300. Removed and pulled all bones out of meat. Placed on bread with pickles onions and bbq sauce. One of them I put pepper Jack cheese. So my entry is…
B8949AF1-5B98-4878-96EC-753E471848CE.jpeg

I did a 5 lbs, bone-in pork shoulder. I used the Pork Rub by Q39. First time using a smoker tube (LIZZQ 12-in). Used Weber Grillmaster Blend pellets; used Jack Daniels pellets for the smoker tube. Used a water pan. Set up my canopy to shield from the rain. I feel the smoker tube provided more flavor than the last pork shoulder I smoked.

20211012_125152-COLLAGE.jpg

I did a 5 lbs, bone-in pork shoulder. I used the Pork Rub by Q39. First time using a smoker tube (LIZZQ 12-in). Used Weber Grillmaster Blend pellets; used Jack Daniels pellets for the smoker tube. Used a water pan. Set up my canopy to shield from the rain. I feel the smoker tube provided more flavor than the last pork shoulder I smoked.

View attachment 4594
Looks incredible! Love my smoker tube. I’ve only used it, so far, to smoke cheese. Still love it.

Who doesn't love a good steak meal in the weekend?!

I Reversed seared some new york strips that were covered in @reeedz.bbq SPG and Bold Brisket. Let them come to 120F and seared them on a cast iron. As sides some sweet potatoe fries and asparagus wrapped in maple bacon. All made on @webergrillsca Smokefire ex6 that is fueled by @lumberjackbbqpellets

IMG_20211024_095707_838.jpg
20211023_192909.jpg

I Reversed seared some new york strips that were covered in @reeedz.bbq SPG and Bold Brisket. Let them come to 120F and seared them on a cast iron. As sides some sweet potatoe fries and asparagus wrapped in maple bacon. All made on @webergrillsca Smokefire ex6 that is fueled by @lumberjackbbqpellets

View attachment 4632View attachment 4633
You still got it!!

I Reversed seared some new york strips that were covered in @reeedz.bbq SPG and Bold Brisket. Let them come to 120F and seared them on a cast iron. As sides some sweet potatoe fries and asparagus wrapped in maple bacon. All made on @webergrillsca Smokefire ex6 that is fueled by @
When does the cookbook come out? Can I order a signed copy?

I too would like a signed copy of your cookbook. very impressive cook there...I mean, I don't know the others feel, but I feel I'm not worthy...

Back