SOTM November 2020 Smoke of the Month Starts Now!

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well this cook destroyed my smokefire 😭 But at least I have my entry lol. Gonna be a fun phonecall with weber tomorrow...

So I made pulled beef from a chuck roast with carrots and hasselback potatoes... did everything on the SF until my pellets in the chute got on fire. Noticed it way too late. Whole inside got destroyed 😓

Attachments

Dassman5

Reaction score
Well this cook destroyed my smokefire 😭 But at least I have my entry lol. Gonna be a fun phonecall with weber tomorrow...

So I made pulled beef from a chuck roast with carrots and hasselback potatoes... did everything on the SF until my pellets in the chute got on fire. Noticed it way too late. Whole inside got destroyed 😓
Any idea how that happened? Following... Sometimes we all make sacrifices to put great food on the table, but that is a bit extreme😢🥓🤣.

I totally sympathize...70 mile gust of wind flipped over my 250 lb. rolling cart with my Italia Artisan Pizza Oven, destroying it. Had it totally tied down to no avail.

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Don't know. It was still a bit windy but not as much as during the day. Problem is I put the turn off cycle on and went inside to eat. Then when I came back outside to put the bbq off it was already too late 😅

OP
primeone

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Voting is live!!

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score

Damn, that sucks! I thought their design was supposed to prevent burn back. Hopefully they will hook you up with new grill.

Addick9574

Reaction score
Is it too late for an international brisket entry?
4 hours on the SF and then 4 in the oven (see other thread about problems with the SF), 2 hours rest in a cooler.

Attachments

OP
primeone

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it too late for an international brisket entry?
4 hours on the SF and then 4 in the oven (see other thread about problems with the SF), 2 hours rest in a cooler.
Unfortunately the voting is already under way. We'll have this contest back the first week of December though!