Non Weber Glow Plug

spyderman1

Reaction score
Grill
EX6
Has anyone who has replaced their glow plug, used anything but the one from Weber. My smoker is currently down and Weber said they would send me one, but they are currently out of stock and have no date as to when they will be available.

I have not. I tried to find a replacement option by searching for the numbers on mine but had no luck finding anything.

The markings on mine is TY 24V 1941. I assume 24 volt but wouldn’t want to chance causing issues with the controller using the wrong type.

I have not. I tried to find a replacement option by searching for the numbers on mine but had no luck finding anything.

The markings on mine is TY 24V 1941. I assume 24 volt but wouldn’t want to chance causing issues with the controller using the wrong type.
I, together with lots of other owners had looked extensively for the manufacturer on various Diesel engine sites, as well as Diesel engine manufacturers prior to Weber listing them on their website at a reasonable price.

There are lots of 24 volt glow plugs, but none exactly a match for this specific glow plug.

Some owners have suggested it is an older Toyota (TY) diesel glow plug while other had the last four digits as 1938.

Given the potential harm that can arise from using a mis-matched plug (NEVER use an automotive type 12 volt) it not worth a risk to experiment.

A very, very smart guy I know looked and came up with nothing.
Hey Bruno, I am glad I caused you a bit of humor, but my response to the non-Weber probes, was a copy and paste from a response I provided on other European SmokeFire user sites to individuals I correspond with in Germany and the UK.

It seems that, while there are a plethora of glow plugs available in the US market and as a result of the Weber gifts, there is a real shortage overseas in many Weber Customer Care sites and they are on extended back order, with a number of SmokeFire units being out-of-service.

Hey Bruno, I am glad I caused you a bit of humor, but my response to the non-Weber probes, was a copy and paste from a response I provided on other European SmokeFire user sites to individuals I correspond with in Germany and the UK.

It seems that, while there are a plethora of glow plugs available in the US market and as a result of the Weber gifts, there is a real shortage overseas in many Weber Customer Care sites and they are on extended back order, with a number of SmokeFire units being out-of-service.
I guess my comment was confusing, I wasn’t saying anything I thought was funny.
Over at another Weber forum they tried to find replacement glow plugs.
Like I said a member who is a hell of a lot smarter than me tried and had no luck.

Back