New to the Forum

rrudloff

Reaction score
Got my new SF on 2/12, was delivered by carrier in great condition. Then went out of town on a ski trip to Keystone Colorado. Got back on the 2/18 and got a chance to put together on 2/22. The burn pot and fire shield had very light oily substance in them. i wiped them down but did not wash with anything. Plugged in and performed update according to the App. Fired off the grill and it burned for a few seconds and went out. Went through the shut down process, then turned it off and back on, restarted and it lit off immediately and went to 600 degrees in 10-12 minutes. Let it burn for 30-40 minutes and turned down to 225. Used the app to cook 2 ribeye steaks at 525 degrees according to the app. Used the probe to cook to 125 degree's internal temp and turned out perfect.
Have been reading posts on the fourm and I am excited to hear about the tips and tricks from experienced cooks. This is my first pellet grill, have had Spirit and Genesis gas grills and have 100% confidence in Weber quality.

Got my new SF on 2/12, was delivered by carrier in great condition. Then went out of town on a ski trip to Keystone Colorado. Got back on the 2/18 and got a chance to put together on 2/22. The burn pot and fire shield had very light oily substance in them. i wiped them down but did not wash with anything. Plugged in and performed update according to the App. Fired off the grill and it burned for a few seconds and went out. Went through the shut down process, then turned it off and back on, restarted and it lit off immediately and went to 600 degrees in 10-12 minutes. Let it burn for 30-40 minutes and turned down to 225. Used the app to cook 2 ribeye steaks at 525 degrees according to the app. Used the probe to cook to 125 degree's internal temp and turned out perfect.
Have been reading posts on the fourm and I am excited to hear about the tips and tricks from experienced cooks. This is my first pellet grill, have had Spirit and Genesis gas grills and have 100% confidence in Weber quality.

Welcome! I'm in CO (but missed you in Keystone :) ) and got mine set up this weekend and had some great success. Cheers!

Congrats and welcome to the forum from Texas! Glad to hear the SF is making some great food already. How's the cooking compared to the Genesis?

Back