New to Pellet

sometimerock

Reaction score
Grill
EX4, WSM 18, Gen II E315, Kettle 18
Hi all!

I've been using Webers forever. Kettles, then a gasser for ease of use, and then started smoking on a WSM almost two years ago now. For the last year I have been looking at pellet grills and a month ago a friend moved from his WSM to a Traeger and has been singing its praise.. well last week I found an unused EX4 on OfferUp, 1st Gen, for cheap so I scooped it up!

I have done about 4 cooks so far on it, some ribs, a couple steaks and some burgers and god damn.. if I'm not already in love with this grill. Can't wait to grill the hell out of some meat (and veggies for the vegetarian ladyfriend) this summer!

Hi all!

I've been using Webers forever. Kettles, then a gasser for ease of use, and then started smoking on a WSM almost two years ago now. For the last year I have been looking at pellet grills and a month ago a friend moved from his WSM to a Traeger and has been singing its praise.. well last week I found an unused EX4 on OfferUp, 1st Gen, for cheap so I scooped it up!

I have done about 4 cooks so far on it, some ribs, a couple steaks and some burgers and god damn.. if I'm not already in love with this grill. Can't wait to grill the hell out of some meat (and veggies for the vegetarian ladyfriend) this summer!
Has the controller been updated to newest version? Just curious how it would work with a plain Gen1 grill without the upgrades

Has the controller been updated to newest version? Just curious how it would work with a plain Gen1 grill without the upgrades
As soon as it booted up and I connected the app, it ran two separate updates before I even did a burn in.

Remove the withe finger guard above the auger. Do so by removing one screw at a time, bending the wire and replacing the screw. Then repeat two more times. I would also contact Weber and get the welded auger assembly. These two items are a must IMO. Next, enjoy!

Remove the withe finger guard above the auger. Do so by removing one screw at a time, bending the wire and replacing the screw. Then repeat two more times. I would also contact Weber and get the welded auger assembly. These two items are a must IMO. Next, enjoy!

What will removing the finger guard do?

I have already contacted Weber and the upgrade parts are in process, thanks!

What will removing the finger guard do?

I have already contacted Weber and the upgrade parts are in process, thanks!
It reduces the opportunity for the pellets to bridge. Unless you plan to hold your hand down in the auger for about 45 seconds, there is no purpose for the guard and it definitely impedes the flow of pellets.

Back