New Owner

NoCoEX6

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFireEX6
I recently picked up a Smokefire from my local Ace Hardware. They had it on the floor and gave me a decent deal to take it off their hands. I immediately contacted Weber and asked for the pellet ramp and new auger assembly. Weber sent them no question asked and I installed them before firing it up. The burn in went off without a hitch so looking forward to using it in the coming days. I had a Grilla Silverback which is a good pellet grill but I just didn't like the flavor it produced. I'm hoping the Weber is better. I own a kettle, WSM, and a PK360 and like pretty strong smoke flavor. I know a pellet grill is going to be different but I've heard no complaints about the flavor produced by the Smokefire.

Welcome.

It may take some getting used too. I’m a kettle head, and own e310 gasser. I prefer the charcoal wood flavor over wood pellets any day, that being said I did NOT care for the pellet cooked meats until I started using the charcoal pellets. Now its all good. I recommend them. Welcome and good luck with your EX6

Well it puts out way more smoke than any other pellet cooker I’ve used or seen. Welcome.

I recently picked up a Smokefire from my local Ace Hardware. They had it on the floor and gave me a decent deal to take it off their hands. I immediately contacted Weber and asked for the pellet ramp and new auger assembly. Weber sent them no question asked and I installed them before firing it up. The burn in went off without a hitch so looking forward to using it in the coming days. I had a Grilla Silverback which is a good pellet grill but I just didn't like the flavor it produced. I'm hoping the Weber is better. I own a kettle, WSM, and a PK360 and like pretty strong smoke flavor. I know a pellet grill is going to be different but I've heard no complaints about the flavor produced by the Smokefire.
I also have a WSM 22”, and get equally good smoke flavor, and probably better, more consistent, smoke ring with my EX4; especially when using the Smoke Boost feature right after establishing my burn at around 200 to 225F.

My WSM is a backyard decoration at this point, I couldn’t see myself using it again. I’d try and smoke with my 26” kettle before I busted that thing out again.
the smoke flavor and smoke ring in the EX6 is amazing.
B945B04D-1A2A-4037-A1DA-F280C30B939A.jpeg

My WSM is a backyard decoration at this point, I couldn’t see myself using it again. I’d try and smoke with my 26” kettle before I busted that thing out again.
the smoke flavor and smoke ring in the EX6 is amazing.View attachment 1942
I keep my WSM 22” largely out of sentiment and a backup. However, it does get heavy usage once a year for my wife’s family reunion cocktail party on Friday. We have 60 to 70 adults, including some voracious teenage eaters, and I typically do 40# of butt plus bacon and sometimes brisket.

Then it’s all hands on deck, including using my Summit 670 for other incidentals like “ vegieburgers” 🤮 fried onions etc. unfortunately did not have it this year - first time in 25 years due to COVID and travel restrictions, so never got to try out my EX4.

the smoke flavor and smoke ring in the EX6 is amazing.View attachment 1942
Terrific smoke ring!

I keep my WSM 22” largely out of sentiment and a backup. However, it does get heavy usage once a year for my wife’s family reunion cocktail party on Friday. We have 60 to 70 adults, including some voracious teenage eaters, and I typically do 40# of butt plus bacon and sometimes brisket.

Then it’s all hands on deck, including using my Summit 670 for other incidentals like “ vegieburgers” 🤮 fried onions etc. unfortunately did not have it this year - first time in 25 years due to COVID and travel restrictions, so never got to try out my EX4.
That’s sounds like a good time!!

It may take some getting used too. I’m a kettle head, and own e310 gasser. I prefer the charcoal wood flavor over wood pellets any day, that being said I did NOT care for the pellet cooked meats until I started using the charcoal pellets. Now its all good. I recommend them. Welcome and good luck with your EX6
What are you using?

Ok so you guys with a 22” WSM, that are not using them...I would be more that happy to take one of them off your hands. I would use it, for sure! I’ve wanted one for years and would talk to it and love it everyday...lol

Ok so you guys with a 22” WSM, that are not using them...I would be more that happy to take one of them off your hands. I would use it, for sure! I’ve wanted one for years and would talk to it and love it everyday...lol
I might take you up on that, I have a new door, thermometer bottom bowl and lid sitting in my garage.

What are you using?
[/QUOTE
I did try a bag of Weber brand, the mixed bag, and they where ok. I prefer to use these though,

Attachments

• 19080821-8839-4195-AEA4-CE551F122B8F.jpeg
    19080821-8839-4195-AEA4-CE551F122B8F.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 34
Back