New Firmware 4045 is in the air!

It is much better.

I just did another run. I think you guys will be much happier with 4045 when you can get it. Temps appear much more stabile.

I just did another run. I think you guys will be much happier with 4045 when you can get it. Temps appear much more stabile.
Great News! The only real issues I’ve had are with it getting stuck after opening the lid. This is pretty rare but it’s happened 3-5 times over the last couple months. I just reset the target temp which prompts it to do something and that takes care of it. Obviously not as intended but hopefully that gets fixed with the new logic or one in the near future. Thanks for the preview!

By any chance did you notice temp differences between the sides with the fan blowing more?

By any chance did you notice temp differences between the sides with the fan blowing more?
That is a structural or design issue. It is of little or no concern to me as it really only manifests itself to any real degree on higher heat cooks. For those cooks I rather like having a hotter zone. That gives me the versatility I like when “ “grilling”. Some steaks are thicker, some thinner, some are to be cooked to different finish temps. For the low and slow cooks it’s not very noticeable to me. If it is a concern I would place the thick end of a brisket on that side, but you can really BBQ at a quite wide range of temps without negative consequences. I also utilize the upper rack quite a bit when doing low and slow cooks as it moves your protein far from the heat source. Obviously if you are doing a large quantity of food you will have to utilize the main grid, but I have had no “real” issue with this that concerns me in the least. I can always lower the pit set temp.

I did a salmon filet to night and noticed a great difference in the fan speed between 300 and 325. It did run at a constant speed at both temps. And once again, the temps were very stable.

I did a salmon filet to night and noticed a great difference in the fan speed between 300 and 325. It did run at a constant speed at both temps. And once again, the temps were very stable.
Have you used Smokeboost with the new update? I called Weber CS yesterday because my grill has been running around 130° for Smokeboost. They told me they are releasing an update the first week of February thats supposed to fix Smokeboost

Guys, I have been MIA recently from the grill but did some brats tonight. I noticed something that I did not notice on previous runs with 4045 which have been low and slow. Tonight, I ran at 325. Not real hot but more than the 225 before. The fan ran real hard all the time. There was no slow down to attempt to control temp like I have seen before. Temp control appeared to be by pellet feed alone. After the 325, I dropped down to 220. Again, a constant fan speed. I should have noticed it before.

At both temps, the air probe and the controller stayed within about 15 degrees. This is much better than I have seen previously with other firmware. But remember, I appear to be a n of one. We need more data. Later, alh.
If that turns out to be true, it looks like they are trying to address the problem by eliminating one of the variables (in this case running the oxygen source, aka. Combustion fan) at a constant rate and going to fuel (pellets) as the the variable.

Following as it may solve one problem, but with the potential to increase fuel consumption.

I have heard rumors on other sites that something new might appear this weekend. I do not know. But I have another run in the can and it was good again. I think you will enjoy it from my experiences with 4045.

I have heard rumors on other sites that something new might appear this weekend. I do not know. But I have another run in the can and it was good again. I think you will enjoy it from my experiences with 4045.
I keep checking every day. I haven’t experienced any of recent events but I’m always anticipating improvements. Looking forward to it here. Standing by. Thanks for the updates as a prelude.

Seems like Weber likes late Friday afternoons for releases. The Aussies would get it first, IIRC.

Seems like Weber likes late Friday afternoons for releases. The Aussies would get it first, IIRC.
And big event weekends for some reason... Like the Superbowl. :oops:

Back