New firmware 4025 coming today

Gecko

Reaction score
Instructions to install the new grill control firmware:
- On Friday, May 29th, Connect and Pair the Weber Connect APP with your SmokeFire Grill

- After a few seconds, you will see a software update progress bar in the APP

Please keep your phone within Bluetooth range of the grill during the software update

This can take between 5-10 minutes

- After the software update is complete, please select “Shut-Down” from the Grill display menu

- After the grill completes the shut-down process, turn off the power switch

- Turn on the power switch. When the grill completes the boot up process, you will have a new software revision level loaded

New grill control firmware revision level will be 04025

- With the 04025 firmware revision, the grill control algorithm has been updated to include

Faster time to grill set temperature

Faster temperature recovery after a lid open event

More stable grill operational controls

1590734018233.jpeg

- On Friday, May 29th, Connect and Pair the Weber Connect APP with your SmokeFire Grill

Please keep your phone within Bluetooth range of the grill during the software update

- After the software update is complete, please select “Shut-Down” from the Grill display menu

- Turn on the power switch. When the grill completes the boot up process, you will have a new software revision level loaded

- With the 04025 firmware revision, the grill control algorithm has been updated to include

We'll test it out today. I noticed the lights didn't scroll 1-4 like they normally do but it says 4025. I hope they work on the auger reversing I believe cutting that back or stopping it all together would really help with some of the problems.

Smoking a shoulder today, went out and got the grill started. Went inside, started app and the update popped up. So now the smokefire is going through shutting down to accept it. Wish I had seen this before I started the grill. Guess for now on, I will open the app before starting a cook.

Much smoother firmware update for me. Nice that the app actually let you know the update was complete and to initiate a shutdown. I probably won’t get to actually test it out this weekend unfortunately.

With this update I can reach max temp with my SF again. Super happy!

Thought the last update was to fix everything????????

Thanks for the heads up!!

Thanks for info! Glad to see Weber continuing to make small improvements!

I have noticed huge improvements in all areas. Hoping they continue on a brisk pace to some of the more elaborate potential options.

Anyone else have trouble with the Smoke Boost? I did some faux brisket with a couple tri tips yesterday. Started them on the Smoke Boost for about an hour, and then cranked it up to 275. After 20 minutes, the pit dropped from 110 to 90. I checked the fire pot, and sure enough, both the fire pot and feed ramp were filled with unlit pellets. Had to light them with a torch to get it going.

Last edited:
Back