New app and software update!,,

Vinny-L

Reaction score
Weber just dropped the new app and it looks like it has smoke boost and temperature control from the app as well as ability to shut down grill. I'm installing it now...

It looks like you have to set initial temp at the grill and then you can adjust

Low fuel notifications now.

836351F6-1F9B-45B2-875B-08D0FD3D51D0.jpeg

Had some issue with app wanting to repair. Had to do a reset on grill. Recovery mode and then paired...new software??

Attachments

• 38F8DD48-2B8F-416B-9B30-607F0A76AD49.jpeg
    38F8DD48-2B8F-416B-9B30-607F0A76AD49.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 90
I had to pair my phone before the update would start. Update failed the first time but I think was due to my phone going to sleep. I turned off auto-lock and finished second attempt.

Downloaded with no issues, looking forward to cooking something this weekend with smoke boost!
This is what we are looking for Weber!!

other than couldn’t get WiFi to connect...update was good. Will wait time try WiFi later after my cook and a power cycle.

It took a few tries to get it updated. It would be nice if Weber supplies better ( meaning any) instructions. Last time we had to turn of WiFi. Not the case this time. It also would have been nice for them to tell us it would take 25 minutes before we started the update. On the other hand, it all seems to work. I will try the smoke mode later in the week. I think it may also help temp control. I won't trust it until I do at least 20 cooks on it.

other than couldn’t get WiFi to connect...update was good. Will wait time try WiFi later after my cook and a power cycle.

had to reset phone app to kick off wizard for WiFi to connect. Ugh but works now.

It took a few tries to get it updated. It would be nice if Weber supplies better ( meaning any) instructions. Last time we had to turn of WiFi. Not the case this time. It also would have been nice for them to tell us it would take 25 minutes before we started the update. On the other hand, it all seems to work. I will try the smoke mode later in the week. I think it may also help temp control. I won't trust it until I do at least 20 cooks on it.
Worked flawless for me, I thought they really improved it this time, at least we knew it was working with the status bar.

At the end it worked also for me but flawless it was not. Tried several times each time it failed, also after second attemp. Wat worked was:
  1. remove the wifi connection so the only possible connection is Bluetooth.
  2. removed the app from my iPhone,
  3. reinstalled the app.
  4. dit a factory reset, waited until i saw "Recovery mode".
  5. connected the iPhone to the Smokefire. Click in app on connect device. It finds it :)
  6. follow instructions in the app.
  7. done
I'm sure this is not how Weber has intended it, but it is how it worked for me. By the way I first tried the described way and while writing this I think that removing the wifi connection from the grill before starting the procedure would done the trick (similar to Smysmy2 to remark)

But for now it looks ok, remote shutting down works, mening full alerts (with message so that you know what is going on) . I'm most curious about what the "Improved temperature drop notification" entails. (link to what is new in the latest iPhone version)

Happy cooking :cool:

Latest Discussions

Back