New addition to auger..

Goneincognito

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4, WSM 14.5", 22" kettle
I saw on another forum that Weber have swapped the cotter pin on the auger to a nut/bolt.
Apparently its a new change they have just implemented.

1612832493365.png
1612832513085.png

I would be very interested in knowing. At one time, Rev F was the big "fix".

This is the same auger nut/bot that came with my welded chute in December. the instructions did not mention it and still referred to the cotter pin. My replacement ex4 is in transit so i may be grilling on it by the weekend. :unsure:

May I ask what your issues were with the previous one? I have an EX6 and it has been nothing but a problem child.

May I ask what your issues were with the previous one? I have an EX6 and it has been nothing but a problem child.
I had several issues but the biggest was that the unit stopped working/ dead etc. i posted that in another thread

So it seems Weber would rather strip a motor out than have a sacrificial cotter pin

So it seems Weber would rather strip a motor out than have a sacrificial cotter pin
i had this bolt on mine and it seemed like it was more flimsy than the cotter pin. I wonder if it's a shear bolt?

i had this bolt on mine and it seemed like it was more flimsy than the cotter pin. I wonder if it's a shear bolt?
Good call, that makes a lot of sense.
Might even break easier than the cotter pin if that was their intention .

That cotter that I bent around was fairly big and stiff.

Agreed I would think this is a shear bolt. Reason may be to help prevent pellets and dust from clogging up around the cotter pin depending on how it is bent?

Agreed I would think this is a shear bolt. Reason may be to help prevent pellets and dust from clogging up around the cotter pin depending on how it is bent?
My solution to cotter pin fix

Attachments

• 20200525_085749.jpg
    20200525_085749.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200525_085354.jpg
    20200525_085354.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 53

Latest Discussions

Back