HELP! Need some advice

Will do my next cook!
There is a saying amongst weirdos like us, “the camera eats first” you’ll have to train your family to wait til the camera has eaten. 🤣🤣🤣

There is a saying amongst weirdos like us, “the camera eats first” you’ll have to train your family to wait til the camera has eaten. 🤣🤣🤣
Still having difficulty with this!! I remember at the beginning and damn if we don’t tear in before I remember to take the finished pics.

Still having difficulty with this!! I remember at the beginning and damn if we don’t tear in before I remember to take the finished pics.
It’s definitely more difficult for me during the week if I’m in a hurry or feeding a hungry family. I’ve missed loads of opportunities over the years. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Drives my wife insane!

Congrats on your EX6… enjoy it!

I waffled between the 4 and 6 for maybe a week or two and finally went with the 4 based on cooking surface and pellet usage. I have only had one cook where I wish I had the bigger SF. I made a 9.3 lb Turkey yesterday and there was plenty of room for a bird twice that size. :)

The smoke fire is a fantastic smoker but I think the way they marked it as being able to smoke and then go to a high degree and grill is misleading. You really can’t do that unless you’re constantly cleaning it out or using drip pans to keep it clean and it just isn’t realistic for me. I use mine primarily to smoke and use my Weber gas grill for searing and things like that. I use mine a few days a week but I rarely go above 300°.
Totally disagree. Regular cleaning is the answer. Have done many smokes but grill at 500+ at least half the time.

Totally disagree. Regular cleaning is the answer. Have done many smokes but grill at 500+ at least half the time.
Yep, I am with you too… I cooked two 2 1/2 lb picanhas last night, reverse sear. Low and slow at 250 until the internal temp reached 115, then I cranked the SF to 600 and did a quick sear. Pulled them off at 130 and rested up to 135. They were a perfect medium rare.

Yep, I am with you too… I cooked two 2 1/2 lb picanhas last night, reverse sear. Low and slow at 250 until the internal temp reached 115, then I cranked the SF to 600 and did a quick sear. Pulled them off at 130 and rested up to 135. They were a perfect medium rare.
Me three. That’s what makes it so special. It’s a tremendous grill as well as a great smoker. 👍🏻

To each their own. I'm glad everyone is getting a ton of use out of their smokefires.

Back