Need advice on Smokefire 4 issues

Javifromsg

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire ex4
Hello everyone 👋🏽 Im Javier ( Javi ) new to the group. Have had my smoker gen 1 no problems until yesterday. It was a gift from a friend so it cost me nothing. I registered it with Webber and they sent me new fire pot / pellet feeder welded. I have not installed had no need. Yesterday I came out to see that my fire was out and there were a lot of pellets in tub . Will replacing all parts fix this ?

Not necessarily. Gen2 owners also experience flame-outs as well. I've had a couple and know that it was my fault, not the smoker's fault

How was it your fault? Tub was dirty ? Mine was not really dirty . Im going to shop vac it this week .

Ah got it . The only thing that I think could have happened was that I moved it from one side to another . The rolling may have knocked the glow plug out of place . That occurred once before . Thanks for the advice.

On the gen2 the glow plug is to be positioned inside a small home in a small round grate as you carefully insert/slide it in from the back. Make sure all is where it needs to be.

I was having several flame outs, I was sent the replacement parts. After replacing them, I have not had any issues at all. I did take the finger guard out, and put a small hose clamp on the glow plug to secure connection.

On the gen2 the glow plug is to be positioned inside a small home in a small round grate as you carefully insert/slide it in from the back. Make sure all is where it needs to be.
472FADF4-F436-4C4B-8FB9-AB796A94C25A.png

Just replace the parts. It may have been the cause or it may not.
The parts can help is some cases and you will need to replace them sooner or later so what's the harm?
It's better than having them fail mid cook.

No different with a Gen1.

Yes like me this weekend when the igniter plug went out mid-cook with a brisket. I was able to salvage the smoke thankfully but if I was away thinking the pellet grill was automated, probably not. I hope these plugs last longer than a few weeks.

Yes like me this weekend when the igniter plug went out mid-cook with a brisket. I was able to salvage the smoke thankfully but if I was away thinking the pellet grill was automated, probably not. I hope these plugs last longer than a few weeks.
The glow plug does not work after the grill has started.

I had issues with a flame out. Both times the temp only got up to 65 then errored out and shut down. The first time was definitely my fault, needed to clean the ash, etc out. Are there issues with the glow plug? I''ve only had the grill for a few months, right out of the box the thermocoupler was bad, that was replaced and it worked until this. Honestly, I'm not impressed with this grill.

I had issues with a flame out. Both times the temp only got up to 65 then errored out and shut down. The first time was definitely my fault, needed to clean the ash, etc out. Are there issues with the glow plug? I''ve only had the grill for a few months, right out of the box the thermocoupler was bad, that was replaced and it worked until this. Honestly, I'm not impressed with this grill.
i don't clean my ash out very often but most of my cooking on the smokefire is below 300. if it started heating up i would look at pellet feed issues.

Yeah.. I wouldnt be impressed with a flame out I caused either.
If you really dont like it Im sure Weber will take it back.

Back