My Xmas Prime Rib

Spuds

Reaction score
Grill
EX-6
Was at the in laws so I cheated and used my kettle and rotisseri-easier to transport. Turned out pretty solid.

Attachments

• DBD3E9A3-15E6-42B1-8B5D-31FFF4B5F1DB.jpeg
    DBD3E9A3-15E6-42B1-8B5D-31FFF4B5F1DB.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 48

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I agree that looks way better than solid, making me drool. Prime rib is one of my favorites, but no one else in my family likes it, so never cooked one.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
I agree that looks way better than solid, making me drool. Prime rib is one of my favorites, but no one else in my family likes it, so never cooked one.
That is truly a crying shame. You need to have a dinner party or something and serve PR and another protein for the heathens who don’t like PR. 😂

OP
S

Spuds

Reaction score
Grill
EX-6
Thanks for the complimen! Cooked it pretty low. I think that’s what got me the wall to wall color that’s eluded me in the past.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Thanks for the complimen! Cooked it pretty low. I think that’s what got me the wall to wall color that’s eluded me in the past.
Yeah, after years of either forward or reverse searing and roasting low I’ve concluded that just a low temp roast the whole way to the finish temp gives me the best results. Edge to edge perfection! Bravo to you!

bbqking

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX6, 2, 22” kettles, and a e310 gasser
Was at the in laws so I cheated and used my kettle and rotisseri-easier to transport. Turned out pretty solid.
Using the kettle...that’s never cheating! I say using the pellet grill is like cheating. So I’m into cheating, a lot. At least when it comes to grilling. Anyway that prime rib looks incredible! Well done.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4; Summit 670; Bullet Smoker 22”; Q100
Terrific looking (and I am willing to bet) even better tasting Prime Rib...Congratulations!

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Using the kettle...that’s never cheating! I say using the pellet grill is like cheating. So I’m into cheating, a lot. At least when it comes to grilling. Anyway that prime rib looks incredible! Well done.
Lol right! The kettle is not cheating!!
I’m going to do my bone in rack of pork for New Years on the kettle rotisserie.
I’m also thinking of doing a bone in rib eye roast that weekend the same way.