Moving Forward.

Corners

Reaction score
Grill
Still looking
Looking back to my first post and now heading into November, trying everything that had been suggested to me, I’m still unable to speak with a live Weber technician or customer support person and their inability to contact me. My last email sent to the CEO failed to materialize any positive results.
Therefore, is it absolutely necessary to have all applicable updates installed before I attempt to do the first fire up in hopes of reaching 600 degrees? Do I have to have ALL updates installed to simply use this EX6? Like the Treager I once owned, can I use the EX6 WITHOUT using my iPhone?
I have a freezer full of meat that I want to grill. I can’t wait any longer for Weber support that appears to not work.

Troll!

Looking back to my first post and now heading into November, trying everything that had been suggested to me, I’m still unable to speak with a live Weber technician or customer support person and their inability to contact me. My last email sent to the CEO failed to materialize any positive results.
Therefore, is it absolutely necessary to have all applicable updates installed before I attempt to do the first fire up in hopes of reaching 600 degrees? Do I have to have ALL updates installed to simply use this EX6? Like the Treager I once owned, can I use the EX6 WITHOUT using my iPhone?
I have a freezer full of meat that I want to grill. I can’t wait any longer for Weber support that appears to not work.
It works just fine as a stand-alone unit without a phone connection started ( which cannot do remotely anyway) as well as establishing a setpoint, etc. just do-it.
Of course I am presuming that how the most recent firmware and software installed.

It works just fine as a stand-alone unit without a phone connection started ( which cannot do remotely anyway) as well as establishing a setpoint, etc. just do-it.
Of course I am presuming that how the most recent firmware and software installed.
I have NOTHING NEW INSTALLED PERTAINING TO FIRMWARE OR SOFTWARE. Weber’s “connect app” will not, has not responded to me after downloading their app.

Thank you

This is my latest reply after I EMAILED directly off one of Weber’s sites. I just got this via mg email. Troll? Nope.

Hi, We are just a fan forum for the Smoke Fire - We aren't affiliated with weber. Please post up your experience here and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

https://www.weberpelletgrills.com/forums/weber-talk.2/

Thanks,
Dan
I HAVE TRIED THAT LINK. NO REPLY BACK!!

I have NOTHING NEW INSTALLED PERTAINING TO FIRMWARE OR SOFTWARE. Weber’s “connect app” will not, has not responded to me after downloading their app.
I am simply following what the INSTRUCTIONS STATE: marked in black felt marker.

Attachments

• 601C8D93-2947-42B0-A79A-D1B687061083.jpeg
    601C8D93-2947-42B0-A79A-D1B687061083.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 46DF22F2-B4CD-4065-B033-F8AB4787A74E.jpeg
    46DF22F2-B4CD-4065-B033-F8AB4787A74E.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 35
Read the instruction. Once the connect app is downloaded to your phone, turn on your SmokeFire. They will then pair and the process will begin updating the firmware. Just make sure you have your Bluetooth on your phone on and leave it next to the grill until it says it is done.

Only one way to find out.
It will probably work, but if has the original firmware and software that has not been updated, the results will probably be less that desirable as they have been several iterations.

Read the instruction. Once the connect app is downloaded to your phone, turn on your SmokeFire. They will then pair and the process will begin updating the firmware. Just make sure you have your Bluetooth on your phone on and leave it next to the grill until it says it is done.
Thank you.
I have tried that. It should be a straightforward solution to get things up and running. However, NONE of this is working. Three days ago I purchased a new iPhone thinking that would solve things. Nope! I had a similar experience with Treager. The app wouldn’t work. I trashed that grill and bought this EX6. ITHINK the problem is with their app but not sure.
photo of grill outside my garage.

Attachments

• A6B6A51A-696C-4D94-A1CA-19F9F4E1DEA6.jpeg
    A6B6A51A-696C-4D94-A1CA-19F9F4E1DEA6.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 6A040F54-4EFE-43C5-8E6D-C4E6E5CFE897.jpeg
    6A040F54-4EFE-43C5-8E6D-C4E6E5CFE897.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 38
It will probably work, but if has the original firmware and software that has not been updated, the results will probably be less that desirable as they have been several iterations.
ALL the firm and software is what came with the grill. Based on ALL the updates that Weber has put out, I’m not sure the temp readings will be accurate.

Thank you.
I have tried that. It should be a straightforward solution to get things up and running. However, NONE of this is working. Three days ago I purchased a new iPhone thinking that would solve things. Nope! I had a similar experience with Treager. The app wouldn’t work. I trashed that grill and bought this EX6. ITHINK the problem is with their app but not sure.
photo of grill outside my garage.
Sorry, I can’t help you. Once you download the connect app on your iPhone, power up the grill ( or the other way around if you prefer. They will seek one another via Bluetooth ( it must be on) then pair with he SmokeFire and let it do its thing.

Back