Member Inspired Front Table

JYD-BBQ

Reaction score
My new custom front table is complete and finally installed. I have to thank Bruno and Bobolusso for the inspiration. To make sure the red aluminium plate behind the cut -outs cannot fall out and is replaceable if needed we welded threaded studs with a back-up plate to hold it in place.

JYD 5.jpgJYD 1.jpgJYD 2.jpgJYD 3.jpgJYD 4.jpg

Ok that is just freaking amazing, I’ve welded a lot of stainless in my day and that is some clean looking work.
I’d love some specs on it, SS type? Thickness? That is CLEAN!! Exactly what Weber should have put out!!

I agree, that looks amazing. Nice job!!

Ok that is just freaking amazing, I’ve welded a lot of stainless in my day and that is some clean looking work.
I’d love some specs on it, SS type? Thickness? That is CLEAN!! Exactly what Weber should have put out!!
I used 316 stainless steel, 16 gauge. I made a template of the key hole slots before we started, didn't trust just the dimensions that I took. I think the nicest part is the return lip around the bottom of the shelf, not just the edge of the material if you stick your fingers underneath.

I used 316 stainless steel, 16 gauge. I made a template of the key hole slots before we started, didn't trust just the dimensions that I took. I think the nicest part is the return lip around the bottom of the shelf, not just the edge of the material if you stick your fingers underneath.
316 nice!!! That’s going to last you forever!! It’s a work of art really. I’m glad I can’t order one because I probably would.

Looks good - where did you get those casters?

This thread has some different ones people have ordered. Those look like the ones that Bruno suggested from Amazon. I have some too and so far they have been great. If you get replacements I’d recommend the total lock ones that lock from rolling and rotating as they make the grill much more stable.

This thread has some different ones people have ordered. Those look like the ones that Bruno suggested from Amazon. I have some too and so far they have been great. If you get replacements I’d recommend the total lock ones that lock from rolling and rotating as they make the grill much more stable.
Yes, those are the ones Bruno recommended

316 nice!!! That’s going to last you forever!! It’s a work of art really. I’m glad I can’t order one because I probably would.
I told both my sons, when I die they can have the stainless steel Christmas tree stand, the bell from the boat and this shelf !!

If I can find a picture of the Christmas tree stand I'll send it, I think you would appreciate it.

I made this stainless steel Christmas tree stand about 8 years ago, holds 5 gallons of water andHOLIDAYS 2011 005.jpgHOLIDAYS 2011 008.jpg a 12 foot tree with no problem.

You’ve got some good skills, that looks sweet

Seriously! What do you do for a living?
I run an aluminum and glass storefront company for an absentee owner. I worked in the field for 20 years as a glazier and then into the office the last 16 years. As the industry evolved to include more architectural metals we have adapted over the years. The company has grown to about 40 employees and the guys that work in the shop and field are incredibly talented and always willing to help me out with my wacky ideas !!

We just completed a project where we installed stainless steel frames and glass on the new Tappan Zee Bridge in Tarry town NY. 60 panels each weighing about 4000 lbs and everyone a parallelogram to match the slop of the bridge.

I am very fortunate to work for a great owner, work with great people. It has been a great run for an industry that typically has a lot of owner / employee turnover.

Very cool, just looked that bridged up.

Latest Discussions

Back