SOTM May 2021 Smoke of the Month Contest Starts Now!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wsotm-1-jpg.1343

Ladies and Gents, it's time for the May Smoke of the Month! This year the contest will have a specific theme every month. To celebrate Cinco de Mayo, this month we'll kick things off with a Mexican theme! Let's see your best Mexican themed spreads! So don't waste another minute, get your pellet hopper filled and your SmokeFire ready! Let's see some awesome photos of your cooks!

How do I enter?
  1. Post in this thread 1 photo of your favorite cook on the SmokeFire. The photo included must be your photo! It's not required, but we prefer the photo to include your username (on a piece of paper, napkin, etc, be creative!)
  2. Include a a caption along with the photo.
  3. We will leave the contest thread open for 10 days and close it May 17th @ 10:00 AM EST.
  4. After that we will open up the voting and allow the community to vote for the winner!
The winner's photo will be featured on our website and receive a special "Smoke of the Month" badge!

Good Luck to all!

** Pro Tip - If you have multiple photos, use the website https://www.photocollage.com/ to combine them all into one.
** Remember to follow the theme!!

Last edited:
2 days late, and my smokefire stopped working during the cook so I had to transfer it to my kamado so it probably doesn't count but I didn't want to withhold this awesome cook.

Made a Mexican flanksteak sandwich topped with homemade Pico de galo and elotes
IMG_20210512_072207_569.jpg

2 days late, and my smokefire stopped working during the cook so I had to transfer it to my kamado so it probably doesn't count but I didn't want to withhold this awesome cook.

View attachment 3920
Looks awesome! We love elotes.

View attachment 3920
Only thing that would make that better is ditching the Corona beer and replacing it with a Modelo. :ROFLMAO:

Beautiful!

Your right !! It doesn’t count…JK . Good Lord! How do you do these creations of beauty?! You did steal a little thunder here…(elotes) looks incredible. I say it still counts, it’s the effort that counts. Great looking pics @DutchieCooks . Seriously you should do a grilling cookbook!

Omg, I just realized the 2 days late comment…wow! I spaced. I guess I have a legit excuse…Covid and all….sorry guys, it just didn’t happen this month.

No worries! I'm getting the voting thread going now.
Not to be a smart Alec…but with only one entry….why? I think there’s only one entry.

Not to be a smart Alec…but with only one entry….why? I think there’s only one entry.

lol, I just noticed that after I posted. I'm going to extend the contest one more week and see if we can get any other entries. Maybe the theme was too hard?

Your right !! It doesn’t count…JK . Good Lord! How do you do these creations of beauty?! You did steal a little thunder here…(elotes) looks incredible. I say it still counts, it’s the effort that counts. Great looking pics @DutchieCooks . Seriously you should do a grilling cookbook!
Haha thanks! Funny you mentioned that because I'm actually talking with a buddy of mine to team up and make one 🤯😅

Dutchie, looks great as always

Rain stopped play here, that and Mrs G is on a diet and I cannot be bothered to fire up the SF for one person.

Back