Lowe's

SoCalMan

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up: Lowe's is advertising their store card all over the barbecue and grill section, right next to and on top of the Weber grills (at least here locally in the Seattle area) with a perk that when you are approved for the card, you get a 10% discount.

So I sign up, thinking who wouldn't want to save $100 on a new EX4. Lo and behold, after I was approved, the coupon fine print: not valid on Weber products.

While I was able to negotiate with the store manager for free delivery to front door of a second floor condo and a bag of pellets (total value of $100) to go with the free assembly already offered, I am guessing they may not always be so flexible. Ended up paying for it as originally planned and cancelled the Lowe's card.

FYI, you do get 5% off with the Lowes card. Doesn't matter what you purchase but I guess with the 10% off, no dice

Same fine print for the 5% discount as well.
I ordered mine online and got the 5% discount. However, looking on their website, you are correct.

1581641363041.png

*5% Off Your Lowe’s Advantage Card Purchase: Get 5% off your eligible purchase or order charged to your Lowe’s Advantage Card. 5% discount will be applied after all other applicable discounts. Customer must pay applicable sales tax. Offer can’t be combined with other credit-related promotional offers. Can’t be used in conjunction with or on: (i) any other promotion, discount, markdown, coupon/bar code, rebate or offer, including any Lowe’s volume or special discount programs (such as but not limited to Contractor Packs™, Buy in Bulk, Quote Support Program (“QSP”), Special Value, New Lower Price, Was:Now, Military Discount, employee discount and Lowe’s Price Match Guarantee); (ii) associate discretion price adjustments; (iii) any services (such as but not limited to extended protection/replacement plans and shipping, delivery, assembly or installation charges); (iv) fees or taxes; (v) previous sales; (vi) gift cards; or (vii) THOR, NXR, AGA, MARVEL, Bosch Benchmark, Heartland, ICON, Fisher & Paykel, Monogram, SMEG, Liebherr, Weber or Kichler products.

I ordered the grill online for pickup in store and got the 5% for using the Lowe's card. Also when I was in the store I bought the Weber pellets, grill cover and temp probe and all those qualified for the 5% discount. However with the issues I'm hearing about I may just leave it in the box for a couple weeks.

I ordered the grill online for pickup in store and got the 5% for using the Lowe's card. Also when I was in the store I bought the Weber pellets, grill cover and temp probe and all those qualified for the 5% discount. However with the issues I'm hearing about I may just leave it in the box for a couple weeks.
Please keep in mind that the issues with these SmokeFire grills are very small compared to the overall satisfaction most users have. I have not received mine yet, but I do have confidence that Weber will address every issue that has been brought up.

Please keep in mind that the issues with these SmokeFire grills are very small compared to the overall satisfaction most users have. I have not received mine yet, but I do have confidence that Weber will address every issue that has been brought up.
I hope so. I had ordered a Traeger Ironwood and then I heard about this the same day, so I cancelled the Traeger, as I like Weber and I love my old Genesis Silver B. However I did watch a video a couple months ago where the guy was concerned that the vents in the back would be an issue with wind or snow blowing in, and that may be the issue Seared and Smoked had. Sorry I went a bit off topic, but it was good that I got the 5% discount at Lowe's.

I am sure weber will fix all the issues they are having with this smoker. This is there first product for pellet smoker. They make the best Charcoal BBQ and Gas BBQ so it will only be time before they make the best Smoker BBQ

I am sure weber will fix all the issues they are having with this smoker. This is there first product for pellet smoker. They make the best Charcoal BBQ and Gas BBQ so it will only be time before they make the best Smoker BBQ
That is a reasonable expectation. I am rooting for them to get it right. Not only for my sake but the sake of so many other people too!

It’s the number one bestselling pellet grill on Amazon, now I’m their second wave of stock. I think they are selling a lot!

I received a call from the store manager of my local Lowe’s this morning with an apology. He dug into it a little more late last week and found out it was corporate who decided to market the Webers with the hang tags.
In turn, along with the free delivery and bag of pellets he offered previously, he honored the 10% discount as well. I’ve declined the assembly as I want to do it myself (and don’t want to wait an extra four days for their assembler to do it for me).
Overall impressed by their customer service.

I received a call from the store manager of my local Lowe’s this morning with an apology. He dug into it a little more late last week and found out it was corporate who decided to market the Webers with the hang tags.
In turn, along with the free delivery and bag of pellets he offered previously, he honored the 10% discount as well. I’ve declined the assembly as I want to do it myself (and don’t want to wait an extra four days for their assembler to do it for me).
Overall impressed by their customer service.
I feel good whenever I read this post and the review of a customer for the employee at Lowes. I really loved to listen to better as I'm one of the Lowes store managers who did work and love to impress by doing hard work.

Last edited:
Back