Love my Smoke Fire

Mabpath

Reaction score
Grill
Smoke Fire 4
As a dedicated Big Egg guy for over 10 years I started to get tired of the work and mess of a charcoal grill. You charcoal purists know what I mean so don’t give me a hard time. Always hated gas. To me it has a faint taste of propane. A friend got a pellet grill and had me over for rib eyes. I was amazed. Did some research and got the Smoke Fire ex 4 two months ago. Has worked perfectly since then. Mostly grilling but doing a pork butt smoke this weekend. Still experimenting but having lots of fun. Any advice on what pellets to use.
mabpath

Welcome to the show. I use Weber competition blend. Have used pit boss in the past with no issues. I personally like the flavor of the competition blend….

Welcome, I’m the same as bbqking and mostly use Weber grillmaster blend. I tried the other Weber flavors but seem to always come back to the grillmaster blend. Haven’t tried any other brand so can’t help there.

It’s grillmaster that I use…I can never get it right…

Also a egg and smokefire owner . Love both! My favorite pellets are lumberjack. I used the one bag of weber that came with the grill and they were good but i tried lumberjack and liked it more. The price in Wisconsin where i am is 9.99 for a bag of lumberjack and like 20 for weber so it’s a easy choice for me. I’ve heard lumberjack makes webers pellets but am not sure

I use Weber and Lumberjack (same pellets). Any other pellet with a similar diameter will be ok (as long as it's not crap quality).
All other pellet will most likely work but the risk for problems increase due to the larger size and varying quality.
In a perfect world, you should be able to throw any pellet at it and have no problems but unfortunately that is not always the case with the SmokeFire.

As a dedicated Big Egg guy for over 10 years I started to get tired of the work and mess of a charcoal grill. You charcoal purists know what I mean so don’t give me a hard time. Always hated gas. To me it has a faint taste of propane. A friend got a pellet grill and had me over for rib eyes. I was amazed. Did some research and got the Smoke Fire ex 4 two months ago. Has worked perfectly since then. Mostly grilling but doing a pork butt smoke this weekend. Still experimenting but having lots of fun. Any advice on what pellets to use.
mabpath

Welcome to the forum @Mabpath - Congrats on the ex4! Glad to hear it's been working good for you.

I’ve used the Weber pellets with good cooks. Recently got the B&B Pellets, Competition Blend, from Academy sports. 40 pound bags at less than the 20# bags of Weber and they have performed really well.

Back