Lost Pellets?

rexster314

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
I got tired of picking out loose pellets caught between the cooker body and pellet hopper. It's just one of my "things".
A 40", 1"x1/4" aluminum bar, beveled down on one side, pressed into place between the body and hopper solves the problem. And I can use my wet/dry vac to suck up the pellets or use a blower to knock them out easily

MrPhilGrillTX

Reaction score
Grill
EX6 (+ a kettle from 2003)
This frosts my nostrils when I look back there too. Thanks for the idea.

Bruno

Reaction score
I got tired of picking out loose pellets caught between the cooker body and pellet hopper. It's just one of my "things".
A 40", 1"x1/4" aluminum bar, beveled down on one side, pressed into place between the body and hopper solves the problem. And I can use my wet/dry vac to suck up the pellets or use a blower to knock them out easily

I want one. That damn gap drives me insane!!!!!I have a nice leaf blower but it is a stubborn spot!

Goneincognito

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4, WSM 14.5", 22" kettle
Great idea but I feel it needs to be sitting higher as you are still going to have pellets fall down there.

LS2008

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4 (2nd Gen)

Nice idea!!

Mr. X

Reaction score
Grill
EX4, Genesis, couple smokey joes and a no name propane smoker
oh nice Idea!

OP
rexster314

rexster314

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
Great idea but I feel it needs to be sitting higher as you are still going to have pellets fall down there.
They'll fall down but wont get lodged anywhere. Blower or whisk broom knocks them right out, or if there's a lot, my wet/dry vac will get them.

Corners

Reaction score
Grill
Still looking

Now THAT is one hell of a fantastic idea/fix!! 👍👋🏻

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Love it, I hate that spot too.