just joined...

Welcome to the forum @rjarois - Lots of good information here and lots of good folks willing to help if you have any questions!

I have had my EX6 for a week and I have used it every day. The only issue I have had was some pellet bridging but I pulled the finger guard and have not had a problem since. I love being able to grill unlike my Treager. I have attached a picture of some Ahi Tuna that only took 15 minutes to grill and some Carne Asada that I smoked and reverse seared. Love my Smokefire.
IMG_20200219_121804_01.jpg
P_20200220_181822.jpg

That looks fantastic, thanks for sharing. So you’ve had no pellet bridging since removing the guard? Are you using Weber pellets?

No bridging since. I live in Utah and have not found Weber brand pellets. I have been using Treager brand.

thanks for posting...that's great news. I seem to be reading a lot of negative news also. as of now I am wondering how many "new" people are having more trobs, compared to people who have owned pellet grills. ther is a fella on you tube that has had yoders and he is rockin the weber smokefire like a mad man. cook after cook he is rocking it, and seems to like very well. I think as of now I will watch for a few more weeks, peace, randy.

btw, this is the fella i was talking about.

Last edited:
Yeah I wonder too. I have used my Treager the past 2 years (at home) and a camp chef DX Pro at work for Friday BBQ's. I can tell you that cleaning the smokefire is way quicker/easier than any pellet smoker I have used. I was is tired of the foil cover on the drip pan every time you cook and I don't miss that with my smokefire at all.

Unit has worked flawlessly thus far in freezing temperatures. 4 different cooks so far, seems like the issues people are having are specific to their unit a lot of times( fire blowing out of only one side, software issues, flacky controllers). If you get a unit without these issues, they seem to cook beautifully. I'm certain Weber will rectify these issues given time. Terrible let down buying one of these units and it not performing as promised as many youtube videos are depicting. People are really more likely to report disappointments than success. There are lots of people having great success with these, the more cooks the more you get to know the grill and its personality. If you look up fails for any other grill they are out there, Weber is just in the spotlight on this one given the hype on roll out. I love the versitility of this unit and thus far am going to stick with it, fully understanding there may be a bit of a learning curve, and potentially a mod or two.

thanks for posting...that's great news. I seem to be reading a lot of negative news also. as of now I am wondering how many "new" people are having more trobs, compared to people who have owned pellet grills. ther is a fella on you tube that has had yoders and he is rockin the weber smokefire like a mad man. cook after cook he is rocking it, and seems to like very well. I think as of now I will watch for a few more weeks, peace, randy.

btw, this is the fella i was talking about.

I would say check out Baby Back Maniac, Seared and Smoked and Everyday BBQ's YT reviews. Those 3 have a lot of experience and had nothing but problems.

Watched all Babyback maniac through his journey from influencer at the Weber cook where he came out so exited for this to where he took his smoke fire back to Lowes. He had some definite issues with his. He is one of the reasons I picked up the Smokefire, and the reason I almost sent it back. If you watch him searing steaks he's doing it on the units ramp up. His was blasting heat on the right way more than the left and so the steaks cooked unevenly definite hot spots. These units are uneven on ramp up and stabilize when temp is achieved. I find mine even flame on both sides when ramping up. His took an hour to get to 600, an issue with only some units. Mine's a consistent 20 some minutes from below freezing to 600. I think he just got a bad one off the line leading to eventual let down. Too bad, he was definitely wanting to like this product.

I have had my EX6 for a week and I have used it every day. The only issue I have had was some pellet bridging but I pulled the finger guard and have not had a problem since. I love being able to grill unlike my Treager. I have attached a picture of some Ahi Tuna that only took 15 minutes to grill and some Carne Asada that I smoked and reverse seared. Love my Smokefire.View attachment 236View attachment 237
Same for me, today was my 8 day and finish my 6 cook. Unless something crazy comes up I'm keeping mine.

Watched all Babyback maniac through his journey from influencer at the Weber cook where he came out so exited for this to where he took his smoke fire back to Lowes. He had some definite issues with his. He is one of the reasons I picked up the Smokefire, and the reason I almost sent it back. If you watch him searing steaks he's doing it on the units ramp up. His was blasting heat on the right way more than the left and so the steaks cooked unevenly definite hot spots. These units are uneven on ramp up and stabilize when temp is achieved. I find mine even flame on both sides when ramping up. His took an hour to get to 600, an issue with only some units. Mine's a consistent 20 some minutes from below freezing to 600. I think he just got a bad one off the line leading to eventual let down. Too bad, he was definitely wanting to like this product.
What is the outside temperature where you are located? Thanks.

Same for me, today was my 8 day and finish my 6 cook. Unless something crazy comes up I'm keeping mine.
I’m only on three cooks plus burn-in and no issues either. I did remove the finger guard before doing some turkey breasts today. I didn’t touch the pellets and held at 225 the whole time. Was only around 3 hours from startup to shutdown though.

What is the outside temperature where you are located? Thanks.
Around freezing everyday I've used it so far. 0C or 32 F. Yesterday when I fired up it wasn't registering a temp on the display, wasn't sure if it was an issue but assumed temp was to low to register, unit was still sounding right. Looked 10 minutes later and was at 350 so seems fine in the cold thus far. I'll give it a try when we get another cold snap. See how it works in the real cold and how it regulates its temp.

looks to me, the smaller weber seems to work a lil better. anyhow that looks better to me as of now...I am wondering if they both have the same metal gauge thickness.

Back