Junk!

Corners

Reaction score
Grill
Still looking
After a tremendous amount of enduring lies from Weber, their inability to return any my phone calls or respond to an email, I finally got my EX6 installed.
Just one initial question: INSIDE this thing, the sides are only insulated. Is this normal? If so, I’m demanding a complete refund on the grill and on the $400.00++ I spent for accessories. Prior to ordering I was told this grill was fully insulated on the inside! 🤬

FWIW, it seems to run just fine at low temps. As with any cooker, it’s best if you can keep it turned away or out of the wind all together. It’s design is similar to the Traeger Ironwood in that regard. Both are double walled on the sides (no insulation that I’m aware of) and exhausts out the back. The double wall allows and traps hot air and provides the insulation.

Yes that is normal, both models are double walled only on the sides. There is nothing that I am aware of (from Weber) that advertises the Smokefire as being fully insulated.
What came from Weber was a customer service rep that informed me that the EX6 was thoroughly insulated on the inside. THAT was one of a few main reasons I purchased it.
Also being told it would ship for $40.00. That was true and appreciated. However, it was FLOWN across the US to Seattle, WA and then to Medford, OR and trucked to my city of Klamath Falls, OR. The shipping company called SE KO bounced my grill all over the damn country. NEVER kept me informed of arrival date, etc 🤬
The pellets I ordered from Weber arrived in THREE different FEDEX deliveries over a time span of three weeks. All in broken boxes. $400.00 of accessories took multiple delivers over a long time frame.
No returned phone calls. No answered emails and NOW Weber wants me to rate my experience. 🤬🤬. Looking at my first post about buying this THING and it wasn’t until three days ago that I finally got it all together. Comparing Weber to Treager, Weber has the cheapest, thin metal. Just not happy with overall construction.
The photo: some real lazy Weber employee put the SMALL box containing a knife and fork carving set into this HUGE box. 👀🥴

Attachments

• 18D1D71F-9D3E-41CB-92EA-8150AF144D71.jpeg
    18D1D71F-9D3E-41CB-92EA-8150AF144D71.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 33CADA58-B072-4839-8A04-2B319607016A.jpeg
    33CADA58-B072-4839-8A04-2B319607016A.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 4E004316-420F-4D63-83E2-2B79B9A879CF.jpeg
    4E004316-420F-4D63-83E2-2B79B9A879CF.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 73
After a tremendous amount of enduring lies from Weber, their inability to return any my phone calls or respond to an email, I finally got my EX6 installed.
Just one initial question: INSIDE this thing, the sides are only insulated. Is this normal? If so, I’m demanding a complete refund on the grill and on the $400.00++ I spent for accessories. Prior to ordering I was told this grill was fully insulated on the inside! 🤬
Didn’t u get it for super cheap?

I knew from your first post you wouldn’t make it, in fact I told you it wasn’t for you.

Last edited:
What came from Weber was a customer service rep that informed me that the EX6 was thoroughly insulated on the inside. THAT was one of a few main reasons I purchased it.
Also being told it would ship for $40.00. That was true and appreciated. However, it was FLOWN across the US to Seattle, WA and then to Medford, OR and trucked to my city of Klamath Falls, OR. The shipping company called SE KO bounced my grill all over the damn country. NEVER kept me informed of arrival date, etc 🤬
The pellets I ordered from Weber arrived in THREE different FEDEX deliveries over a time span of three weeks. All in broken boxes. $400.00 of accessories took multiple delivers over a long time frame.
No returned phone calls. No answered emails and NOW Weber wants me to rate my experience. 🤬🤬. Looking at my first post about buying this THING and it wasn’t until three days ago that I finally got it all together. Comparing Weber to Treager, Weber has the cheapest, thin metal. Just not happy with overall construction.
The photo: some real lazy Weber employee put the SMALL box containing a knife and fork carving set into this HUGE box. 👀🥴
Please send me the carving set. I don’t even care if you put it in a bigger box to ship it safely. TIA.

Didn’t u get it for super cheap?
Yes sir. Super cheap, really cheap. However, it sure doesn’t justify Weber not communicating with me or falsifying a verbal statement just to make a sale.

Yes sir. Super cheap, really cheap. However, it sure doesn’t justify Weber not communicating with me or falsifying a verbal statement just to make a sale.
Just send it back. They will Refund and move on. Please.

Please send me the carving set. I don’t even care if you put it in a bigger box to ship it safely. TIA.
Nothing safe about the small box sliding around inside the big box. You would have to FEEL how sharp the knife was!!

Just send it back. They will Refund and move on. Please.
And just like THAT, Weber will refund everything I paid??? My entire point about complaining is to perhaps let others be aware that Weber is not a solid company, one that will openly communicate with their customers. THAT’s my point!
IF my posts offend you, may I suggest you move on or don’t read them.

Nothing safe about the small box sliding around inside the big box. You would have to FEEL how sharp the knife was!!
You can just put some crumpled up newspaper in the larger box around the smaller box to stop the inner box from jostling around. Problem solved. That’s all a newspaper is good for these days anyway. “Knife was”, did you dull the edge or something?

You can just put some crumpled up newspaper in the larger box around the smaller box to stop the inner box from jostling around. Problem solved. That’s all a newspaper is good for these days anyway. “Knife was”, did you dull the edge or something?
NOT MY JOB TO PUT ANYTHING IN THE BOX.

And just like THAT, Weber will refund everything I paid??? My entire point about complaining is to perhaps let others be aware that Weber is not a solid company, one that will openly communicate with their customers. THAT’s my point!
IF my posts offend you, may I suggest you move on or don’t read them.
Very likely will refund your purchase. You obviously won’t be happy no matter what. You are right about one thing, Weber is not a solid company, they are an exceptionally GREAT company with decades of easily verifiable customer service excellence. In case you haven’t noticed there is this little virus thing going around that has caused many problems worldwide. Hell, even Amazon can’t deliver there packages quickly any longer.

Back