SOTM July 2022 Smoke of the Month Contest Starts Now!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wsotm-1-jpg.1343

Ladies and Gents, it's time for the July 2022 Smoke of the Month! So don't waste another minute, prepare your favorite meal, get your pellet hopper filled and your SmokeFire ready!

How do I enter?
  1. Post in this thread 1 photo of your favorite cook on the SmokeFire. The photo included must be your photo! It's not required, but we prefer the photo to include your username (on a piece of paper, napkin, etc, be creative!)
  2. Include a a caption along with the photo.
  3. We will leave the contest thread open for 16 days and close it July 29th @ 3:00 PM EST.
  4. After that we will open up the voting and allow the community to vote for the winner!
The winner's photo will be featured on our website and receive a special "Smoke of the Month" badge!

Good Luck to all!

** Pro Tip - If you have multiple photos, use the website https://www.photocollage.com/ to combine them all into one.

Last edited:
My entry is Sausage Rolls. Hat tip to BBQ Pit Boys on this one as the inspiration. They did use pastry dough, but I could not find it. So did a mixture of 2/3sausage/1/3ground beef. Killer Hogs SPG, Worcestershire, egg, and bread crumb for meat mixture. Brushed the tops with egg, then sprinkled red pepper flakes on them. Pizza dough for bread. In the SmokeFire at 350 for approx 20-30 minutes. Removed to add cheddar and bacon on top. Monsoon weather forced the last 10 minutes inside to melt the cheese. I like them a lot. Will do it again with maybe a seafood theme or chicken…
213FF91C-CF7C-463F-B36D-D6856DBE25F8.jpeg

Last edited:
We need to re-work this whole smoke of the month thing.
If you have an entry show a few pictures of the process, explain your plan. These convoluted grid pictures are annoying. Tell us how and why, post you’re best picture and we will decide what we want to eat.
Yeah maybe only 9 people will vote but let’s clean it up so when 50 vote we have a plan.

So is this a not so subtle way of saying you don’t like my pics? I feel like the collage helps with the story/process. Which is explained in detail above the pic….

I do have to say a single pic entry is intriguing, but to have a lot of pics put up to tell the story could become a little confusing.

So is this a not so subtle way of saying you don’t like my pics? I feel like the collage helps with the story/process. Which is explained in detail above the pic….
Actually not even a little. I want people to show us the process a little more and then “BANG” the best shot they can take. What is your dinner choice?

LOL Y? I want that 4th SOTM......

Fess up…what is in the pics?
A prime strip and filet with some sautéed shrimp and brussel sprouts deglazed with balsamic vinegar. I won’t lie, it was good. Thanks for look’n.

A prime strip and filet with some sautéed shrimp and brussel sprouts deglazed with balsamic vinegar. I won’t lie, it was good. Thanks for look’n.
Looks fantastic!

Back