Issues with Temp probe

luckylady131

Reaction score
Hello, I’m very new here and searched the posts, but didn’t see what I was looking for. I got the Weber grill back in early february, but have only used it once or twice. I wanted a regular grill, my husband wanted this pellet grill. Okay, fine. But I went to Try and learn it and use it one day, and I plugged in a temp probe, then unplugged it when I realized you plugged it in after heat up.

Well, that temp probe has never come off the screen!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. I just waited on hold for 1.5 hours with customer service - who told me to uninstall and reinstall the app. So I just did it again. Same thing. The temp probe is still in the screen. HELP! The grill will not initiate startup. I don’t know what to do!

Attachments

• E205C36C-D6C7-4C9A-A753-039A31A46908.jpeg
    E205C36C-D6C7-4C9A-A753-039A31A46908.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 65
  • D84F011A-B473-47EF-8812-DA9B0DEAC3B5.jpeg
    D84F011A-B473-47EF-8812-DA9B0DEAC3B5.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 62
Hello, I’m very new here and searched the posts, but didn’t see what I was looking for. I got the Weber grill back in early february, but have only used it once or twice. I wanted a regular grill, my husband wanted this pellet grill. Okay, fine. But I went to Try and learn it and use it one day, and I plugged in a temp probe, then unplugged it when I realized you plugged it in after heat up.

Well, that temp probe has never come off the screen!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. I just waited on hold for 1.5 hours with customer service - who told me to uninstall and reinstall the app. So I just did it again. Same thing. The temp probe is still in the screen. HELP! The grill will not initiate startup. I don’t know what to do!

Oh, and I’ve tried factory reset as well - nothing changed!

I had that happen once but resolved itself when I shutdown and started grill back up. Are you on the latest grill firmware, software, and phone app?

I had that happen once but resolved itself when I shutdown and started grill back up. Are you on the latest grill firmware, software, and phone app?

Yes. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of hours ago. Did the firmware update. Same thing. Then I tried a factory reset on the grill. That got rid of the temp probe issue, but it wouldn’t start. Then I shut down the grill again, and started it back up - and the temp probe issue was back.

I didn’t want to deal with another hour and half wait to talk to CS today, so I will call them again tomorrow. I have no idea what the issue is. But it won’t start the heat up process. As far as I know - everything is as up To date as I can get.

That’s super frustrating. Sounds different than the issue I had since mine went away after powering down. Wonder if have a bad controller?

What happens when you plug the probe in. Does it reflect the new temp.
just wondering.

What happens when you plug the probe in. Does it reflect the new temp.
just wondering.

it changes temp and reads it (like if I hold it in my hand). It justdoesn’t go off the screen when unplugged. And the grill won’t start up.

after trying the factory reset, I powered the grill back up and the probe temp icon was gone. I set a temp and the grill still wouldn’t start. Shit it down again, restarted it and the temp probe was BACK on the screen.

I think i Need a new grill. Not happy with this one yet.

I had that happen to me too. I think when I had the 4003 firmware. When turn it it off and started my next cook a few days later it was fine. Check if you have the 4025/1683 updates. It should be running good with these.

Same issue for me. It happened before and after I updated the firm ware. I emailed Weber support and no response yet. This is my second controller after the first wouldn't connect to WiFi. I think I'll need a third. The bright side is that they are very easy to replace.

Latest Discussions

Back