Is it a Gen 2?

ROCKEWEHARD

Reaction score
Grill
EX6, OG 22" KETTLE
Just received my "Gen 2" EX6 that was purchased from Weber today. Have not opened it yet as i am waiting on my after market casters to arrive to build it. No where on the box or shipping labels, paperwork, etc. does it say anything about being Gen 2...All of it just says EX6. The labels on the box have a H: with a date next to it and the date is 10/21/2020.

Those who have got a Gen 2 unit, was there anything anywhere in any literature that says Gen 2 or do i have to take it apart to make sure the Auger, motor, etc. are all the new parts and indeed a "Gen 2"

All my confirmations and emails from Weber do specify it as a 2nd Generation...i just want to make sure i was shipped the correct item.

Gen 2 is such a leap, there shouldn’t be any difference in a gen 1 owned by a responsible person who updated the auger and chute and what Weber is calling a Gen 2.
Advertising!!

Gen 2 is such a leap, there shouldn’t be any difference in a gen 1 owned by a responsible person who updated the auger and chute and what Weber is calling a Gen 2.
Advertising!!

😂

Yup... I fully understand what "Gen 2" is... Just making sure that's what they sent and seeing if anyone had seen anything different on theirs.

It should have had a "Gen 2" label on the shipping box. Mine did

I think the part # for Gen 2 is 23510201. I had a sticker on the corners of my box and this was the biggest number shown on a black background. I also have that “H: 10/21/2020”.

I didn’t notice any “Gen 2” specific markings though. I had to dig through the Weber Facebook group FAQ to piece this together, which is pretty awesome btw.

I don’t know if this is unique to mine but it has this giant marketing sticker on it like it was a floor model. Doesn’t seem to be peeling off too easy :mad:

Attachments

• B84B69FF-8AAF-4A08-884E-FF208D026F20.jpeg
    B84B69FF-8AAF-4A08-884E-FF208D026F20.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 213
My EX4 didnt have any markings indicating it was Gen 2.

No Gen 2 label on the box...does have the stickers with the 23510201 on each side and the date of H:10/21/20. looked like a pretty sloppy pack inside the box but after seeing some unboxing vids that may just be how they pack them.

Guess ill see for sure when I build it.

Attachments

• 20201209_185444.jpg
    20201209_185444.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 94
FYI - I just completed my burn in and the software had to be updated first but the firmware was already updated. Just sharing to see if things are consistent which I would assume so.

FYI - I just completed my burn in and the software had to be updated first but the firmware was already updated. Just sharing to see if things are consistent which I would assume so.

Most likely wont get around to building and running mine till Sunday. What are the current stable versions of the Software and Firmware?

Just spoke with Weber...they ran the Serial # and confirmed it is a Gen 2 unit even though there is nothing on any of the packaging or lit that says that. Looking forward to testing her out.

Most likely wont get around to building and running mine till Sunday. What are the current stable versions of the Software and Firmware?
SW 1.4_2491
FW 04042
You can see this on your weber connect app under device settings once you sync via bluetooth.

I just registered my new EX6 at the Weber web site. After entering the serial number, the registration confirmation indicates that it is a Gen 2 grill. BTW, label on the box, after the H, has a date of 10/28/2020.

Back