Initial Burn Failer!

Wadd16

Reaction score
I went to do my initial burn on my new smoker fire at 600 degrees. Temps got to 550, and than dropped to 450/ 460 degrees and stayed there. Any help on why, and how to fix this issue would be amazing!

I went to do my initial burn on my new smoker fire at 600 degrees. Temps got to 550, and than dropped to 450/ 460 degrees and stayed there. Any help on why, and how to fix this issue would be amazing!
Did you do the firmware update before burning in? Out of the box you need to update firmware on the controller first. Weber support is still open now as well 7 days a week until 8p central time so you can call them too really helpful.

Hi thanks for the response. Yes I updated firmware, through my phone before before starting it up. I’m think it might be an auger issue, with reading some of the postings!

Hi thanks for the response. Yes I updated firmware, through my phone before before starting it up. I’m think it might be an auger issue, with reading some of the postings!
Hang in there, once it’s running well it is a great machine. Weber support is awesome

Back