Information on 2nd Generation

G_Gryphon

Reaction score
FWIW, I just got off the phone with Weber and I feel like I talked to a fairly knowledgeable customer service representative. I asked several questions about the availability and build of the second generation units. Specifically, I asked if there was any indication on when new inventory would be available once all the units are out of stock on the Weber site. Naturally, he could not share any insight on this. Next, I asked if the next batch of second generation units being shipped are essentially existing units with all of the modifications pre-installed. He said yes, that is essentially the second generation, just like what the Weber site in Australia mentions. I asked specifically about the rumor of a new firebox design and he said that the engineers have not forwarded any information about that to them. He added that that does not mean there will not be changes, but he would have expected to have heard something about it if it were true.

On a related note, it is hard for me to believe that Amazon is truly selling 2nd generation units when no one else is selling them and Weber will not even say when they will be available? Check it out:

FWIW, I just got off the phone with Weber and I feel like I talked to a fairly knowledgeable customer service representative. I asked several questions about the availability and build of the second generation units. Specifically, I asked if there was any indication on when new inventory would be available once all the units are out of stock on the Weber site. Naturally, he could not share any insight on this. Next, I asked if the next batch of second generation units being shipped are essentially existing units with all of the modifications pre-installed. He said yes, that is essentially the second generation, just like what the Weber site in Australia mentions. I asked specifically about the rumor of a new firebox design and he said that the engineers have not forwarded any information about that to them. He added that that does not mean there will not be changes, but he would have expected to have heard something about it if it were true.

On a related note, it is hard for me to believe that Amazon is truly selling 2nd generation units when no one else is selling them and Weber will not even say when they will be available? Check it out:

It is called “Amazon Advertising” better known as AA

One day after showing completely out of stock on Weber.com, they now officially have Gen 2 units available for sale. So, in the end, I would say the listing on Amazon was and is legitimate.

One day after showing completely out of stock on Weber.com, they now officially have Gen 2 units available for sale. So, in the end, I would say the listing on Amazon was and is legitimate.
But remember that Amazon had gen 1 on sale for months without shipping them.

But remember that Amazon had gen 1 on sale for months without shipping them.
Yep, the bottom line with Amazon is you never know. You do save the $40 shipping charge from Weber, but ultimately, it may not be worth it in the end.

Back