I'm Just Venting

Reaction score
So I have been waiting for parts from Weber for weeks now maybe months and they are still on back order. I have a replacement Burn Pot and Ramp on order. Mine had significant rust damage. Now the bottom of the Burn Pot is allowing the pellets to fall through into the Ash Drawer. So now I cant use my Smokefire. Weber says as soon as they come in they will send them. I don't imagine production of the Smokefire has come to a halt due to a parts shortage. So back to charcoal for me for now. I am hoping not for long and that I am not changing parts like this every 2 years or less.

That’s frustrating my burn pot did the same thing. Got The replacement couple weeks ago. I was still using it but was getting close to not being able too with amount of pellets falling through. Could probably rig up a temporary repair with some metal mesh.

That’s frustrating my burn pot did the same thing. Got The replacement couple weeks ago. I was still using it but was getting close to not being able too with amount of pellets falling through. Could probably rig up a temporary repair with some metal mesh.
I should check mine, it was looking a bit rough last time I cleaned it.

So I might be wrong but I will do it anyway. I would like to thank the Weber employee that watches this site because I can now see that the parts I have been waiting for and a bag of pellets have just been shipped to me. Coincidence after my post? Maybe.

Glad to see your parts shipped. My burn pot grate also burnt up, along with several of the other internal pieces. Weber quickly shipped new parts a couple months back. Pandemic is really affecting the supply chain. Glad they made it up to you with pellets.

Just musing here but I wonder if they could make the burn pot grate out of ceramic versus whatever material they do use. Or - ceramic coat them like some do with engine exhaust headers. No more corrosion for sure.

So I might be wrong but I will do it anyway. I would like to thank the Weber employee that watches this site because I can now see that the parts I have been waiting for and a bag of pellets have just been shipped to me. Coincidence after my post? Maybe.
I was waiting on parts and the guy had ordered it the wrong way. Glad you’re getting the parts.

Hmm I check my stuff regularly…I see nothing wrong with the burn pot…I do use drip pans for almost everything though

Hmm I check my stuff regularly…I see nothing wrong with the burn pot…I do use drip pans for almost everything though
Check the bottom perforated piece. That's really the only thing I noticed wearing out. Makes sense as being perforated logically creates weak areas to be attacked by the hostile environment within the burn pot. Mine definitely showed wear, but mine is a bit older than yours. I think.

Actually got mine in February 2020. So it’s been since almost the beginning. I just took it apart a couple cooks ago to clean auger of dust. Took the burn pot out to vacuum real good over everything. Still looked good. Plus there was no dust in the auger area too.

Actually got mine in February 2020. So it’s been since almost the beginning. I just took it apart a couple cooks ago to clean auger of dust. Took the burn pot out to vacuum real good over everything. Still looked good. Plus there was no dust in the auger area too.
I didn't realize. I think you got it second hand and I just assumed it was later but you got it early for sure. I think our wetter / humid environment in the Midwest is less conducive to longevity as well. I'd definitely keep an eye on it. 👍

I’d keep an eye on it too. Seems to be multiple of us with them rusting out. Knew it was time to replace when started having burning pellets drop in ash drawer

Same here… I use drip pans at every cook, clean my SFEX after every cook… plus when not in use is always covered and stored inside.

Same here… I use drip pans at every cook, clean my SFEX after every cook… plus when not in use is always covered and stored inside.
Clean my ex4 after every 4 cooks and it's outside with the cover on it in minus 18 f (so far, winter ere not over yet). Still using it with no problems other than the ink in the display is faint and slow so use the connect app to set temps

New parts have arrived and we are back in business. I also use drip pans all the time, and clean it after every use. I think those of us with more issues than others could have alot to do with where we live.

Back