I wonder how many units Weber has manufactured so far? EX4 & EX6 combined

Brian Vallotton

Reaction score
Doubtless Weber has a multi-million dollar launch going for these grills. Just doing some simple math I was thinking it would not take long for sales for Weber to be in the upwards of 50 million. At a thousand a piece essentially. Does anyone know what their production of units is so far? Or how many have been sold? Of course they put a lot of money into research and development, not to mention the production facilities and specifics involved there. It is a HUGE undertaking! Wow!

Brisket'n'Beans

Reaction score
For comparason...

"Traeger Grills has grown exponentially under its current ownership. In the past five years, Traeger has sold 2.2 million grills and amassed retail sales of $400 million in 2018. " -statesmenjournal.com

Let's pretend Traeger averages $80 million a year. That probably includes accessories too. Weber would have to outsell Traeger (yes they have a range of grill prices/no, i don't know the average). Weber sold $235 million in 2015

From talking to the general public most are unaware that weber has a pellet grill. I think the pre-order crowd and stocking brick and mortar stores is a big spike in units out of weber's door but sales will dip until the public becomes more aware of the grill. Also, weber isn't going to steel the $500 pellet grill market with the EX-4/6.

OP
Brian Vallotton

Brian Vallotton

Reaction score
For comparason...

"Traeger Grills has grown exponentially under its current ownership. In the past five years, Traeger has sold 2.2 million grills and amassed retail sales of $400 million in 2018. " -statesmenjournal.com

Let's pretend Traeger averages $80 million a year. That probably includes accessories too. Weber would have to outsell Traeger (yes they have a range of grill prices/no, i don't know the average). Weber sold $235 million in 2015

From talking to the general public most are unaware that weber has a pellet grill. I think the pre-order crowd and stocking brick and mortar stores is a big spike in units out of weber's door but sales will dip until the public becomes more aware of the grill. Also, weber isn't going to steel the $500 pellet grill market with the EX-4/6.
That sounds really reasonable. I agree that many of us here are early adapter and have had previous experience with pellet grills. I had a Traeger Texas Elite 34 I bought from Costco. I had no complaints about it until the auger went out and was able to take it back to Costco for a full refund (even though it was past the 3 year warrantee). Add a few dollars and I have an EX6 on the way. Thanks so much for your input here. The pellet market is going to be much better off now that Weber is involved. Competition is a GOOD thing!

Latest Discussions