How do you store your temperature probes?

MrPhilGrillTX

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX6 (+ a kettle from 2003)
I've been winding them back on the storage clips they came with, but that's getting old. I'm thinking about building a cabinet to store my grilling supplies and making some hooks to hold the probes so I don't have to wind them every time.

I use the clips they come with also. Keeps them nice and compact and reduces chances of kinking the braided wire. I don’t use mine all the time though. Occasional use at my household.

I simply store mine individually in a 1 gallon zip lock bag after wiping clean

I wind them up and throw in the drawer with BBQ rubs and supplies.

I have them on the reel / clip they came in because the snap together nicely. I store them in a BBQ only utensil drawer in the kitchen.

Come on! I barely get to walk through the kitchen and then I get taxed! :(
Well it helps that I do 97%+ of the cooking. My wife has awesome abilities in many areas but will be the first to say she burns water. I guess our situation does give me organizational leeway which is nice as I am a bit particular on how any sort of tools are laid out. :D

I clean em after every cook and throw them in my bbq drawer in the kitchen lol
I had a Bbq drawer...then the wife banished my stuff out of the kitchen! But it’s better, cause now I have a large cabinet for all my stuff . Charcoal, wood, drip pans, racks, light, k Ives, cutting board...all of my grilling stuff.

Wait this thread was about probe storage. the one that came with my SF I just rewrap it. The other ones not sure what I’m going to do. Nothing to wrap then on.

For those with Thermoworks temp probes. They have probe spools back again. There's only two colors left. They're magnetic.

I use the clips they come with also. Keeps them nice and compact and reduces chances of kinking the braided wire.
Yeah, I like the clips they came with so much, I’m thinking about drawing up and 3D printing some for the probes for my Thermoworks Smoke! Those I’m currently doing with the twist tie thing:
image.jpg

…every time I think I had a good idea someone’s beat me to it…

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back