How do you store your pellets?

This is what I use to store my pellets. Leave them in the opened bag so I remember what kind I have.

Large (Up to 22lb) Fresh Dry Dog & Cat Food Plastic Storage Container With Flip Lid & Pour Spout For Pet Food, and Bird Seed, BPA Free by Buddeez

Attachments

• IMG_2494[1].JPG
    IMG_2494[1].JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 50
The pelletcan is a lot more now! I wanted one but ain’t paying $399

I store my pellets in Kingsford air tight charcoal/briquette bins, one for each flavor. Purchased in Amazon but often cheaper elsewhere.

Each holds about 2 bags or 40# of pellets and it is very easy to scoop out the pellets as needed. In addition, these containers fit neatly under the hopper on a small step stool for emptying the hopper when changing flavors.

I store my pellets in Kingsford air tight charcoal/briquette bins, one for each flavor. Purchased in Amazon but often cheaper elsewhere.

Each holds about 2 bags or 40# of pellets and it is very easy to scoop out the pellets as needed. In addition, these containers fit neatly under the hopper on a small step stool for emptying the hopper when changing flavors.
I do the same👌🏻

I have 3 mini trash cans with locking lids. I used to use these to store my wood chunks for the WSM. I drilled out a couple 1/4 hole around the top to allow air flow. I keep my bags in a patio storage bench thingy. It's handy, it also holds my 2 gal shop vac for easy clean up. When I fill a mini can with pellets, I will put the bag label in there so I remember what is what. I use a pint sized cup to scoop out the pellets when loading the hopper to help cut down on dust getting in the system.
2020-08-19 12.43.19.jpg
2020-08-19 12.43.28.jpg
2020-08-19 12.44.05.jpg

Bulk storage is in my garage, but I keep a couple smaller plastic storage containers out back under my covered area For easy access. About four bags of various flavors at the ready.

This is what I use to store my pellets. Leave them in the opened bag so I remember what kind I have.

Large (Up to 22lb) Fresh Dry Dog & Cat Food Plastic Storage Container With Flip Lid & Pour Spout For Pet Food, and Bird Seed, BPA Free by Buddeez
Wish i would’ve seen those before i bought the Kingsford ones on amazon . I bought 4 and were 14.99 each . That must be the company that makes them because each one was in a buddies box . Probably cheaper without the name on it . Good find!

If you want to get fancy get a few 5 gallon buckets and get a "bucket head" vac from home depot. It fits on 5 gallon buckets so you just put it on the empty bucket you want to fill and vac the pellets into it. But it's a bit slow that way so I only use the vac for last part.

I have been using these Craftsman buckets from Lowe's for quite a while for pellets. 20 Lb bag fits nicely inside, they stack well, and the lids lock and remove easily. I use my Dymo to label whats inside.20200830_175700.jpg

How do you guys or gals store your pellets? I've seen some special containers on Amazon. Do you need to keep the pellets in a sealed container? Are they that sensitive to moisture? Lots of questions here!!
F0808266-5234-477D-9C7B-B0E3987A250B.jpeg

I purchased 2 of these. I like them because the spout is a perfect Size to pour without spilling.

Latest Discussions

Back