How do you store your pellets?

bbqbabe

Reaction score
How do you guys or gals store your pellets? I've seen some special containers on Amazon. Do you need to keep the pellets in a sealed container? Are they that sensitive to moisture? Lots of questions here!!

I use 5 gallon containers from Home Depot with lids. I still need to print out some labels.

texas-5-gallon-bucket.jpg

Yup, I have to represent!

Same here, Home Depot 5 gal. buckets. Seal tight, inexpensive. I just label with a sharpie

I do the same. I always pull the pellets after the cook too. My Treager was a smoldering mess if I left pellets in the hopper and got them soaked with moisture. So it's just habit now.

I got some food safe 5 gallon buckets and lids from Lowe's. Buckets were just under $5 and the lids were just under $2 each. I did purchase one lid that has screw off top that I thought would be good for the pellets I use the most since the those bucket lids can be a pain sometimes. It was $7 I think.

I got some food safe 5 gallon buckets and lids from Lowe's. Buckets were just under $5 and the lids were just under $2 each. I did purchase one lid that has screw off top that I thought would be good for the pellets I use the most since the those bucket lids can be a pain sometimes. It was $7 I think.
Same here, love the screw off lids. A little tough to get on, but you only have to do that once vs struggling with it every time. I wonder how the official Weber pellet bag is going to work?

Same here, love the screw off lids. A little tough to get on, but you only have to do that once vs struggling with it every time. I wonder how the official Weber pellet bag is going to work?
Me too. Right now I’m using a scoop to try to keep from them dropping between the hopper and grill, but if that bag would fit inside one of my buckets might look into it if it’s easy to pour.

I agree its overkill but very cool overkill! Moisture is the enemy of pellets and living on the north left coast we get moisture A LOT. Always keep my pellets in the garage bucket.

$255, that is pretty steep!

Latest Discussions

Back