How do you store your pellets?

bbqbabe

Reaction score
How do you guys or gals store your pellets? I've seen some special containers on Amazon. Do you need to keep the pellets in a sealed container? Are they that sensitive to moisture? Lots of questions here!!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use 5 gallon containers from Home Depot with lids. I still need to print out some labels.

texas-5-gallon-bucket.jpg

Yup, I have to represent!

Blues1

Reaction score
Same here, Home Depot 5 gal. buckets. Seal tight, inexpensive. I just label with a sharpie

RSchiers

Reaction score
I do the same. I always pull the pellets after the cook too. My Treager was a smoldering mess if I left pellets in the hopper and got them soaked with moisture. So it's just habit now.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I got some food safe 5 gallon buckets and lids from Lowe's. Buckets were just under $5 and the lids were just under $2 each. I did purchase one lid that has screw off top that I thought would be good for the pellets I use the most since the those bucket lids can be a pain sometimes. It was $7 I think.

SmokeMeister

Reaction score
I got some food safe 5 gallon buckets and lids from Lowe's. Buckets were just under $5 and the lids were just under $2 each. I did purchase one lid that has screw off top that I thought would be good for the pellets I use the most since the those bucket lids can be a pain sometimes. It was $7 I think.
Same here, love the screw off lids. A little tough to get on, but you only have to do that once vs struggling with it every time. I wonder how the official Weber pellet bag is going to work?

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Same here, love the screw off lids. A little tough to get on, but you only have to do that once vs struggling with it every time. I wonder how the official Weber pellet bag is going to work?
Me too. Right now I’m using a scoop to try to keep from them dropping between the hopper and grill, but if that bag would fit inside one of my buckets might look into it if it’s easy to pour.

BadAss BBQ

Reaction score
I agree its overkill but very cool overkill! Moisture is the enemy of pellets and living on the north left coast we get moisture A LOT. Always keep my pellets in the garage bucket.

ktskas

Reaction score

$255, that is pretty steep!

JimG

Reaction score
This is what I use to store my pellets. Leave them in the opened bag so I remember what kind I have.

Large (Up to 22lb) Fresh Dry Dog & Cat Food Plastic Storage Container With Flip Lid & Pour Spout For Pet Food, and Bird Seed, BPA Free by Buddeez

Attachments

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
The pelletcan is a lot more now! I wanted one but ain’t paying $399

Dassman5

Reaction score
I store my pellets in Kingsford air tight charcoal/briquette bins, one for each flavor. Purchased in Amazon but often cheaper elsewhere.

Each holds about 2 bags or 40# of pellets and it is very easy to scoop out the pellets as needed. In addition, these containers fit neatly under the hopper on a small step stool for emptying the hopper when changing flavors.

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I store my pellets in Kingsford air tight charcoal/briquette bins, one for each flavor. Purchased in Amazon but often cheaper elsewhere.

Each holds about 2 bags or 40# of pellets and it is very easy to scoop out the pellets as needed. In addition, these containers fit neatly under the hopper on a small step stool for emptying the hopper when changing flavors.
I do the same👌🏻

Latest Discussions