How’s inside of your SmokeFire?

abmet

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ve got a little rust. What’s everybody’s grill look like now. Had mine since came out in February.

F246AD9A-4C02-4410-B059-E718B99D9D82.jpeg
7B18B3D2-242A-4C08-A98A-12A4153D0768.jpeg

My unit is too new to show other than normal wear and tear. However, Weber has at least full three year warranty on all parts, so I am not worried at this point, especially since the pictures so far show only “to be expected” surface rust. Time will tell.

Bought Feb 10th

Attachments

• IMG_2490[1].JPG
    IMG_2490[1].JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2491[1].JPG
    IMG_2491[1].JPG
    413 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2492[1].JPG
    IMG_2492[1].JPG
    515.8 KB · Views: 145
I've had mine since Feb and looks similar to JimG. I only use the provided scraper and a SS wire brush to clean with.

You guys need to get some grease in those grills. Mine is a big black grease ball.
I agree, smokers are designed to accumulate grease and soot. Did you ever look at a commercial smoker and noticed how often they clean them...almost never when in continuous or semi-continuous use. Same with the flavorizer bars on my Summit 670. No rust as long as I use it; which is increasing a problem now that I have the SF.

Now that’s a fascinating observation, I’ve cooked a bunch of pulled pork and briskets but used pans. Great point, kinda like seasoning cast iron.
Yep, it is. And I keep my wife away from my cast iron.....

And I do not burn off my SF.

Mine has had plenty of grease in it, but I do scrape it into the drip tray regularly. I don’t do burn off but do cook high temps sometimes. These pics were after it ran at 500 for about an hour and I vacuumed out.

I expect the fire pot, heat deflector, pellet slide, and related components to look like that and mine look similar. Those steel parts are subjected to an extreme amount of heat. I would expect once the warranty fades away those are going to be standard wear and tear components and knowing Weber they will be available and reasonably priced.

The remaining components is where I would be concerned if there were rust coming through the porcelain enamel, or the stainless components. I have a kettle that is 13 years old never covered and for quite a few years I used every weekend. Not a lick of rust on it still. I expect the same with the porcelain enamel on the SF which is the main reason I waited for Weber’s pellet debut.

This looks terrible, it means your barbecue accessories need to be replaced, I am using the Weber series of products now, there is no major problem at the moment, the quality is still very good, I bought it here-https://grillpartsreplacement.com/search?q=Weber&options[prefix]=last&type=product , If you encounter some problems and need to replace your grill, you can see if there are any products you need here, I hope my answer can help you, good luck!
Mine has had plenty of grease in it, but I do scrape it into the drip tray regularly. I don’t do burn off but do cook high temps sometimes. These pics were after it ran at 500 for about an hour and I vacuumed out.
Listen to none of the advice about sourcing new parts as bow.
As you (Hopefully) already know, your EX is still very much under factory warranty.
Do NOT buy anything for it, and IF you do, be careful if you are not buying OEM! If you are concerned, reach out to Weber.

Yeah it mostly seems like surface rust at this point but was surprised to see some on the flavorizer bars since I thought they were stainless.

Back