Hi from Jupiter Florida!

goodman

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4
Just assembled my EX4 and getting ready to do the burn in. I'm excited to get started with my first ever smoke.
  • Any recommendations for my first smoke?
  • Any recommendations for pellets?
Thanks!

Just assembled my EX4 and getting ready to do the burn in. I'm excited to get started with my first ever smoke.
  • Any recommendations for my first smoke?
  • Any recommendations for pellets?
Thanks!
This pellet discussion linked below will help if you use the smaller diameter pellets.

Pork butt can also be bought more cheaply than other cuts. It goes for $.99/lb on special around here. $1.79 more typically.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome from Phoenix, Az. I’ve used pit boss pellets, with no issues. Treager/did NOT like the taste. Now I use Weber competition blend. Imo Weber is the best.

I'm having a ton of issue with my new SmokeFire. It constantly hangs and needs to be rebooted. Never thought I would be saying that about a grill. Weber is sending out a new controller board.

Hang in there buddy. I actually bought an EX6 February 2020, off of offer up. So it was a 1st gen. Only had a fuse go out, and then about October November, it started having wild temp ranges. Called Weber they sent me the new auger and a new glow plug assembly and several glow plugs. I changed them out and not one single issue since.

I contacted Weber on Monday. They sent out a new controller board. Tracking shows it will be here on Thursday.

BTW, pellets feed fine and the grill easily hits 600 and maintains whatever temp Inset it to but for some reason after a certain amount of time it hangs. We’ll see what happens when I get the new controller board installed.

Installed replacement controller but unfortunately experience the same issue with the replacement controller.

Back