HELP!!! Auger Not Turning!!

SSSBBQ

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6 Gen 2, Weber Genesis II LX, Weber SMS
Hi All!
So, following what I have read, decided to remove the auger last evening to clear out crushed pellets and dust, was having no problems, just being proactive with it. Put everything back together and double checked that it was correct, connected the plug back into the motor and thought all was good. Well, this afternoon went to fire it up and didn’t hear pellets falling, looked and auger is not turning. Went through shut down and it is not reversing either, nothing, glow plug was glowing and fan was blowing.
Any suggestions before calling Weber?

I would re-check all the connections on both ends (even the ones you didn't touch) and go from there.
Probably a silly question but it was disconnected from power when you did this?

It was definitely disconnected from power at the time I pulled the auger. Not sure how to get into the controller area to check that connection.

It was definitely disconnected from power at the time I pulled the auger. Not sure how to get into the controller area to check that connection.
Pulled the bottom cover under the control panel and all is secure there. No clue at this point. Contacted Weber and they are sending out a new auger/motor assembly and will schedule a tech to come check it and install and if that is not the problem, diagnose what is and get the beast back up and running. Happy I still have the Genesis gasser.

After contacting Weber and receiving just an auger, called them back and they sent out the auger motor assembly. Installed it and everything is back up and running. Beyond my understanding as to why the motor quit after pulling it out, clearing the dust out from the auger and putting it back together.
Happy to be back cooking on it! Pizza last night and some wonderful Heritage pork center cut bone-in chops this evening for dinner.

I can't explain why but it happens..
Glad to hear it is back up and running.

Just don't be afraid of taking it out again to clean though.

Glad you got it fixed. l’ve removed mine multiple times with no issues so far at least.

I’ve had my ex4 for 5 months (2nd edition) and have replaced the thermo couple,glow plug,fan, auger and power supply. I can’t imagine what year 2-3 will bring. Should have stuck with a gas grill

I’ve had my ex4 for 5 months (2nd edition) and have replaced the thermo couple,glow plug,fan, auger and power supply. I can’t imagine what year 2-3 will bring. Should have stuck with a gas grill
Probably not too late for Weber to take it back.

I’ve tried but their making it very difficult, they claim I have to return it to the store I bought it and then take 8 weeks to refund my $ 900. So no grill for 2 months

I’ve tried but their making it very difficult, they claim I have to return it to the store I bought it and then take 8 weeks to refund my $ 900. So no grill for 2 months
But you know what you need to do for it to happen.
The ball is now in your court to do it.
Do you deal with the issues knowing you had a way out or just take it back and be happy?

Latest Discussions

Back