Grab your Weber Connect App Update !!!

Don D.

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6 , S670
Just got an update on my Android phone for the Weber Connect App !! Includes an Firmware update for the SmokeFire grills !!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220104-214909_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20220104-214909_Google Play Store.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 69
My apple says I’m still up to date. Might just be android? Sometimes some get updates sooner than others too. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for posting. Opening the app didn't give me a notification, but going to the Play store showed an update was available. Not sure what all is updated, but it sent 2 updates to the grill. This was the most flawless update I've experienced. It updated the app, then updated the grill, restarted the grill through the app, sent a 2nd firmware update, restarted the grill and was done. No hiccups, restarts, or failures. Not sure what the firmware changes??
2022-01-05 10.44.22.jpg

2022-01-05 10.57.42.jpg
2022-01-05 10.59.13.jpg

I had the same experience as SillyRabbit - Google Play store showed my phone app was updated on Dec 17 but no indication when I used the SF day before yesterday. Powered up the SF today and the update took off and was uneventul. Curious as to what has been changed as the 'Release Notes' are even more than less than unhelpful. "Bug Fixes .... " I've been a software developer for 40+ years. You can only imagine what unspecified 'Bug Fixes' might mean - we use it for a variety of reasons we'd rather not disclose or can't reasonably explain. But wait..... "and more!".... OK - what, when, how will we learn what is 'more'? Trial and error?

My intention is not to bash Weber (I'm a lifelong fan and I've already sent them a note on this same subject) but since they have stepped into the code pool, so to speak, and so much of SF performance is software controlled, it would be helpful to know exactly what was 'fixed' and what is 'new'. Now - all that said I remain in the 'I love my SF camp'!

I’m almost done. I’m 70% through step 2

If I'm not mistaken, it was given to the Google play store on 12-17-21 but only released to our phones yesterday 1-4-22.
I've been searching updates for the Microsoft Teams 911 glitch issue , so I've been on the Google play store the last couple days and Weber only popped up last night

Ah - that would explain. Thanks.

Anyone know why the update disappeared? They took it down from the website. Were there issues?

The updates are failing for users and putting the grill into recovery mode which they are unable to get out of is the main one I have seen.
As soon as I heard there was an update last week I deleted the app on my phone as I was doing a big cook on the weekend and didn't want any issues. I'm glad I did.

The update I did was actually two separate updates and roughly an hour of overall time. I’ve only done a couple cooks since, but mine works so far. Do you think people haven’t realized there are two separate actions required? Is it something else?

Update worked perfect for me. First it updated to 1.6_4765. Then updated again to 1.6_4765c. When it's complete it only shows up on the SF screen as 1.6_4765 I couldn't seem to get the firmware update but it seems now that Weber pulled the firmware off the web, possibly because people couldn't download it. Did a cook after the update with 0 issues. Doing another shortly tonight.

Last edited:
Update worked perfect for me. First it ipdated to 1.6_4765. Then updated again to 1.6_4765c. When it's complete it only shows up on the SF screen as 1.6_4765 I couldn't seem to get the firmware update but it seems now that Weber pulled the firmware off the web, possibly because people couldn't download it. Did a cook after the update with 0 issues. Doing another shortly tonight.
Concur. I did my update a few days ago and am just about to wrap up a 5 hour cook with my picanha (brisket style). No problems at all with the cook so far. Now - the picanha itself - TBD - wish me luck with my picky eaters. :cool:

Latest Discussions

Back