Got my EX6 a week ago today

Pjacobs

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
So far I’ve used it every day and had one issue as it flamed out halfway through a chicken breast last night. Got it restarted and got good results as it tasted great but I’m disappointed that it even happened.
today I’m really testing it out with an all day cook.
ribs just went on as the cornbread and Mac & Cheese just came off.
Put some eggs on for smoking too.
Dinner is at 6!

Attachments

• 04CAC76B-8D13-490C-8281-2D1DB090251B.jpeg
    04CAC76B-8D13-490C-8281-2D1DB090251B.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 970D97E9-FCFB-41C4-8DF8-3B485042B7E3.jpeg
    970D97E9-FCFB-41C4-8DF8-3B485042B7E3.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 45
Congrats , we’ve had ours a little over a week too and using it virtually every day. Tri-tip, flanken, hanger steak, chicken, but no long cooks yet. Out of curiosity, what brand of pellets were you using when you had the flame out? We’ve been using Weber grillmaster and pit boss competition with equally great results. I feel like there’s some auger noise with the pit boss that I didn’t notice with the Weber though. I’ll refill with Weber and pay closer attention.

nice to see people getting good results!! Love my SF!

Congrats , we’ve had ours a little over a week too and using it virtually every day. Tri-tip, flanken, hanger steak, chicken, but no long cooks yet. Out of curiosity, what brand of pellets were you using when you had the flame out? We’ve been using Weber grillmaster and pit boss competition with equally great results. I feel like there’s some auger noise with the pit boss that I didn’t notice with the Weber though. I’ll refill with Weber and pay closer attention.
all ive got on hand are the weber pellets, $16.99 a bag here

Hey guys, I just wanted to point out using other pellets was identified as contributing some initial issues with SmokeFire. I'm a big fan of AmazingRibs.com, and they confessed to using Traeger pellets, switching to Weber pellets resolved one of the issues they encountered on test cooks. I've seen a few youtube guys using other pellets, but I'd suggest taking a look at the AmazingRibs.com article. Just search for SmokeFire, I just confirmed the article is still there.

I'm a tried and true Weber charcoal grill fan, and it was AmazingRibs early review end of last year that prompted me order my EX6.

Love Meathead! Use Weber pellets or those with a similar size.

Back