Glow Plug Life

You better get one, or two before it quits. It won’t show itself when it’s convenient for you. Just saying.

Thanks I have couple backups on hand.

You can get it started without a glow plug. It just makes it a little harder. Depends how big of a cook is in play.

You guys are better than me. I really haven’t had luck once the glow plug has failed at keeping a consistent fire going in the firebox..

The glow plug only ignites the pellets. Once lit it is dormant and the burning pellets and fans take over completely.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the glow plug ever come back on during a grilling session. The reason being, I think flame outs, seem to correlate to the glow plug. Maybe I’m smoking dope, but when I was having a few flame out issues, glow plug replacement seemed to work, as a fix.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the glow plug ever come back on during a grilling session. The reason being, I think flame outs, seem to correlate to the glow plug. Maybe I’m smoking dope, but when I was having a few flame out issues, glow plug replacement seemed to work, as a fix.
Definitely smoking dope!🤣🤣😜😜

I could be remembering wrong but I was thinking one of the firmware updates mentioned reigniting the glow plug but could be making it up in my head.

I could be remembering wrong but I was thinking one of the firmware updates mentioned reigniting the glow plug but could be making it up in my head.
I believe that you are correct. I think k this was a fail safe mechanism for low temps like Smoke Boost where you are not having a good continuous burn. But like you said, I may be hallucinating (probably left over from the 60s).

This was the closest description to reigniting the glow plug. This was introduced early on and probably improved over additional firmware updates without being included in the release notes.

Version 04008 (Available 4/16)

Introduced Twin Fire Ignition for improved startup process

Introduced Reignition Mode to recover from temp drops mid-cook

This was the closest description to reigniting the glow plug. This was introduced early on and probably improved over additional firmware updates without being included in the release notes.

Huh, learn something new every day. Never heard of a pellet cooker using the igniter for more than a few minutes at start up. I wonder how it knows if you just opened the lid too long? Maybe it doesn’t know or care? 😜

Yeah, that’s what I remembered. Thanks.

I believe that you are correct. I think k this was a fail safe mechanism for low temps like Smoke Boost where you are not having a good continuous burn. But like you said, I may be hallucinating (probably left over from the 60s).
The 60’s? Lucky man!!

New to the forum, just put my EX6 together...I received four glow plugs with the grill. I admit I was a little apprehensive about getting four, kinda made me think they may wear out quickly.....

New to the forum, just put my EX6 together...I received four glow plugs with the grill. I admit I was a little apprehensive about getting four, kinda made me think they may wear out quickly.....
Some do and some don't.
It's better to have them and not need one than need one and not have them.

As much as would like to practice what I preach, Weber Australia suck and don't provide spares (or the ability to purchase them).

Latest Discussions

Back