Funky chicken stack.

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ok so I’m going to be smoking this later today will post more pics as we proceed. Chicken breast very thinly sliced, and seasoned with buffalo seasoning. I think it called chicken al pastor. Then there is a couple of whole preseasoned breasts pieces.

Attachments

7un47im3s

Reaction score
Ok so I’m going to be smoking this later today will post more pics as we proceed. Chicken breast very thinly sliced, and seasoned with buffalo seasoning. I think it called chicken al pastor. Then there is a couple of whole preseasoned breasts pieces.
Usually any "al pastor" meat prepared in this fashion has an onion or a slice of pineapple over the top to add flavor as the meat rotates on a vertical rotisserie with the heating element on the back 3rd of the rotisserie. The meat is thinly shaved or carved off as it cooks from the outside in, all the while continuing to rotate. I'm sure you're familiar with as it was probably an inspiration for this creation. Well Done! You may want to come up with a new name for this technique especially when using buffalo seasoning as the base and not a citrus marinade. Whatever you come up with you've obviously put in a lot of time and effort to get it to this point. Looking forward to pics and a review of the results. Buena suerte!

OP
bbqking

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Probably just going to do it over rice. Firgot tortillas at store and I’m not going out to get some. Getting ready to put it on, as soon as S.F. gets to temp.

OP
bbqking

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Did 300 for like 1.5 hours, turned it up to 400 a half hour ago. The middle is still reading 145.

OP
bbqking

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
So it’s finished. Everyone liked it, a lot. So it was a success. It was thin sliced chicken breast. Had buffalo sauce on it. Cut a large potato in half. Put metal skewers in the potato. Then put the meat on the skewers. Had to cut about 3-4 inches off the skewers. Lid would not shut. About 2.5-3 hour cook. 1.5 at 300. Another 1 at 400.

Attachments

Dassman5

Reaction score
So it’s finished. Everyone liked it, a lot. So it was a success. It was thin sliced chicken breast. Had buffalo sauce on it. Cut a large potato in half. Put metal skewers in the potato. Then put the meat on the skewers. Had to cut about 3-4 inches off the skewers. Lid would not shut. About 2.5-3 hour cook. 1.5 at 300. Another 1 at 400.
Looks terrific...from someone who lives near the home of the Buffalo Wings!

Latest Discussions