First Weber pellets

OP
bbqking

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Not sure yet, but the first few cooks I did. I used some treager pellets, and did not like the taste of the meat. So after I’m out of the pellets I have now...about a half of a hopper full...I’ll throw these in, and see how that they work.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Not sure yet, but the first few cooks I did. I used some treager pellets, and did not like the taste of the meat. So after I’m out of the pellets I have now...about a half of a hopper full...I’ll throw these in, and see how that they work.
That is a strange outcome. Their pellets are by far the most widely used due to their market share. That said, I would just dump them if the results are not to your liking. Can always mix them in to reclaim the btu’s.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yep I mostly use the Grillmaster blend too. Have some apple, cherry and hickory but haven’t used the cherry or hickory yet. The apple are really mild to me so I’ve been using them more for higher heat shorter cooks.

KevinD

Reaction score
As most of you know, the Weber pellets are smaller in diameter then most. Larger ones can mess up the auger.

Latest Discussions